What's new

Die Another Day - R1 Uncut? (1 Viewer)

John H Ross

Screenwriter
I believe that, upon its release in the US, Die Another Day was trimmed by a few minutes. Will the R1 DVD contain the original, uncut version? Or will it be the edited theatrical version?

John

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
John,

This is the first I've heard of a trimming. What information was trimmed for the theatrical release? The film seemed quite complete when I saw it in the theater. I don't want them to add something they felt was better cut just to say it's, "uncut."

You are right, Jeff. That's what the IMDB has to say about this:

Two minutes were cut from the Berry/Brosnan love scenes to secure a PG-13 rating in the US.

Two minutes!:eek:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Before anyone saw it

It's a typical technique, you have a violent movie you want a PG-13 rating on, so you throw in a senseless extended sex scene as "R bait". Then they'll ignore the violence as long as you trim the sex, because as we all know that's MUCH worse than people dying by the dozen with no consequences or blood.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Jeff:

[sarcasm]
You mean boobies have done more harm to me than the senseless violence! Thank god I live in a country that tries hard to shield me from such depravity.
(switches from Skinemax to CNN)
Ahhh...
[/sarcasm]

I guess I could just press slow motion on the Halle Berry coming out of the water scene for two minutes :) .

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It should have just been the 007 logo surrounded by ice with a gun below it

Why do you need noggins on a Bond film?

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
In the commentary on the dvd the director said that the sex scene between Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry was cut by the MPAA to get a PG-13 rating and the only way to see the full version is to get the region 2 disc,but I personally don't see anything that would be cut in the scene,if the region 2 version is in fact uncut.The director and producer don't even seem to know which version they're watching.Does anyone know for sure if it's the same version that's been released on all regions?

GarySchrock

Second Unit
People were actually cringing at it when I saw it at the theater.
Personally I thought the sound system in the theater was on the fritz (especially since I'd been in a theater not too long before that did have problems with their sound). I was pretty disappointed to discover that wasn't the case.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Its just a few seconds of Jinx moving about and moaning on top of Bond during the sex scene, on the commentary Brosnan mentions that it was trimmed for the US release and that its the first time Bond actually seems to be having sex with a Bond girl on screen, instead of the usual after-sex quips and martini, shaken NOT stirred.:D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I liked the Madonna song but it seemed whoever put the opening montage together had little idea how to follow that kind of music.

But aren't Bond themes supposed to be terrible? Duran Duran, etc.?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
No, I do believe that that was a special kind of terrible. I mean, I could see people only cringing at some of the songs in retrospect. This one was cringeworthy within its own bad-music era.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks