What's new

Remo Williams is coming (1 Viewer)

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
MGM's line up of discs for july is out and Remo is on that list!.It doesn't look like there will many special features,it would seem to be part of their budget range($14.95).Nice to see it finally being released though.

RickardL

Supporting Actor
If there was only one extra, I would vote for the music video:
"What If (Remo's Theme)" by Tommy Shaw!!

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
[chiun]It should not be called "Remo Williams." It's should be entitled "The Glorious Adventures of the True Master of Sinanju and That White Sow's Ear."[/chiun]:D

It's about time. My VHS copy is almost shot, and it's in PS to boot.

Trent_N

Agent
AWESOME!

What a great, great movie. It's one of my all time favorites (and one of my wife's all time worst)!

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I've been reading the books since forever. My wife became a fan when the movie came out, and she actually reads the books now, too.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Outstanding!

I remember working back in a videi store in
the early 1980s. Remo Williams was our
designated demo disc to show off the hot product
of the time, VHS HI-FI.

Gawd, that brings back memories. I used to give
the spiel to customers about how HI-FI VHS was
superior to standard VHS because the audio was
recorded across the tape instead of the edges.

In any event, is an outstanding
film. Joel Gray is just sensational to watch. Great
music title theme too!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
[chiun]It should not be called "Remo Williams." It's should be entitled "The Glorious Adventures of the True Master of Sinanju and That White Sow's Ear."[/chiun]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...man.. that was great.

I'm SOOOO happy to see this is coming out! :D Like others have mentioned, my poor VHS copy is wearing out. ;) Count me in to pick up this one!!! :D

Bobby S

Grip
DvdFile is reporting that Remo Williams will be Full-Screen only. I have had the HBO VHS version for years and although it is also Full-Screen there doesn't seem to be any Pan and Scan going on, so perhaps it was shot full-frame?

Drue Elrick

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad they are finally bringing it out. If it is pan and scanned, I won't be picking it up though. It boggles the mind - fans of the show want it the way it was!

Haden

Supporting Actor
Fullscreen?! Jeez.... stupid of them to do that for a cult classic that a lot of people would be buying (or actually WON'T be buying now.)

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
This seems to be getting quite a habit for MGM.The movie will probably look as bad as Miami Blues did when i had to zoom the picture to fill my widescreen tv.FULLSCREEN! What kind of drugs are these people on?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
LOL, don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the movie and saw it many times, but I still crack up on the thought that the full title is Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins. They really thought this was going to be the next James Bond franchise.

I guess the public didn't buy the idea of a 40+ year old walking on water or dodging bullets.:D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Fantastic news, another 80's favorite pops up on dvd!
Loved Joel Grey as Chiun and Fred Ward was great as Remo Williams. Great music by Crag Safan.
The film wasn't made in 2.35 ratio, the dvd should be 1.85.

Sadly there's only one 'Destroyer' movie, but there's over 120 'Destroyer' novels, here's a link...

http://www.sinanju.com/scrolls/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks