What's new

***Official Zelda:The Wind Waker - Your thoughts here... Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I am sooo psyched for this game - My local GameStop called, & I'll have it in my hands tomorrow. My thoughts will go up soon after.

Feel free to post your thoughts here! :D

Calvin

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I should have mine some time this week(unless Gamestop.com and or UPS is slow). I'm really pumped. I enjoyed OOT but it definately showed it's age. I've heard alot of my complaints about OOT have been addressed so I'm really excited for this one. Hopefully this, WSB 2k3, and the rest of Splinter Cell will keep me busy until I graduate ;)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
FedEx has mine. Somewhere.

Edit:

Looks like I'll have it tomorrow:

Ship Date
03/24/2003

Delivery*Location
NEW YORK NY

Delivery*Date/Time
Signed For By
Service Type
Priority Overnight
Estimated Delivery Date
03/25/2003 by 10:30

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
GameStop told me to come in and pick up mine this evening. They'll even be open later than normal. The only question is do I take off of work tomorrow to play?

Frederick

Second Unit
I COULD leave early today and pick mine up, but since I have to turn around tomorrow and go back to GameStop to pick up my GB:SP, I think I'll wait. I'll be looking forward to reading some initial thoughts, though ...

Freddy C.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
My friend swung by EB and they are getting them in at 8pm! Yahoo! I can't wait (I don't think I am going to sleep tonight ;) )

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Hot damn. My birthday is today and I hope that I can work my connections at Gamestop and pick mine up tonight. Good bye XBox Live for a few weeks, hello Hyrule (or whatever planet it is this time). My wife asked what I wanted for my birthday and my response was, "Zelda and 12 hours of peace and quiet." Well, maybe a few minutes here and there for other "birthday presents."

My only fear is that the game will be too easy. I was nervous at first about the presentation, but after Nintendo pulled off a masterpiece with Metroid Prime, I'm completely psyched. Wohooo!

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Ok Calvin, looks like you've had about at least 20 min with it now, and your still selfishly playing it!??! :D ;) Get on here and tell us how it is, damnit! :laugh: :laugh:
(Actually, if it was me, I probably wouldnt have even have taken the time to post that I had it so quickly...

Enjoy! I'm activly internet-stalking FedEx, keeping tabs on where my copy is.... ;)
JQ

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
First Impressions.....

:D :emoji_thumbsup: :star:

The graphics are nothing short of outstanding. You really feel like you are playing in an animated world straight out of Disney. Any film clips that you have seen of ZTWW in action pale to the real thing.

Everything is just fluid in motion...you have gotta see it for yourself.

Sound is very nice - you'll hear variations on the classic Zelda themes. Not a lot of spoken dialogue, but that doesn't bother me.

Gameplay is classic Zelda. Anyone who has played OOT or Majora's Mask will feel right at home here. There are tutorials to learn different skills - same old stuff - but in this case - it's not a bad thing. (I especially like the sword sensei :) )

I just played through the 1st dungeon - the Forsaken Fortress. Not bad - you need to have a lot of patience to get around the Moblin guards.

I love this game. The cel-shading doesn't bother me in the least. ( Though after seeing the demo of the "adult" Link fighting Ganondorf in the GC tech demo - I'd still like to see that made someday..)

IMHO, Miyamoto has hit a grand slam with this one. If you own a GC - you must own this game. If you like Zelda, but haven't bought a Cube yet - now is the time.

Don't wait. You won't be disappointed.

More later...

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Cal I am at the exact same point as you, and have arrived at the exact same opinion. This game is amazing. I don't have a gamecube however I have to play at my friends so my time with the game has been limited to the first dungeon. sigh:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks