What's new

***Official "Dark Side of the Moon" Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Since we are reaching epidemic proportions in terms of DSOTM threads, please consider this to be the thread for anything related to DSOTM, including its impending SACD release.

Here are the links to the now closed DSOTM threads:

Picked Up DSOTM SACD

Do we really need all of these DSOTM threads?

Dsotm Incoming 03/25/03

Doug Sax Talks Mastering Dark Side of The Moon

Big Marketing Push for Dark Side of The Moon

Evidence of a Good Pink Floyd: DSOTM remix

Pink Floyd: Vinyl Side of The Moon

Dark Side of The Moon Delayed

The Dark Side of The Moon SACD review thread

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
It was a dirty job, but someone had to do it.

Jim

As others have mentioned, between DSOTM and the Stone's discs, I need some new hardware.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yeah and I couldn't help but notice that 6 of them threads were started by one member.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Patrick, I wish you would have left this thread "First Review (HFR) of Dark Side of The Moon SACD" open for reviews only since there are so many other topics of this release!

But any way, any one that will do review comparisons on this disc would you also do a comparison of the 5.1 mix and a playback in PL II from the CD and or SACD 2 channel layer. I am a Center channel main vocal supporter (with the likes of Jim Fosgate I might add) and would be interested in hearing how this sounds in PL II compared to the 5.1 on a nice system.

Thanks!

Wes

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Patrick,

Can we retitle this thread something like:

"Official Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon Review Discussion"

along the lines of how the HT Software forum works?

Thanks! :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Lee suggested the combo thread to me. However, merging all these threads into one takes a long time with dial-up access.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had considered the "merge" idea, but given the number of posts in some of the threads, I thought it best to just close the threads and create pointers to them, otherwise a quagmire would have resulted in a single merged thread, and no one would have been served by such a mess of a merged thread.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Patrick and Jack,

I certainly understand the issues you listed with mega-merged threads. Could we not retitle the thread as suggested above such that it attracts more attention for those interested in discussion?

Also, the last discussion that was really interesting was in the First Review (HFR) thread...maybe merging just this thread's contents in would make some sense.

Just an idea.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Dang!
We almost need a thread to discuss the combining of threads.
This subject should have it's own Forum!

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Ok, I go to Walmart today to grocery shop and figure I will take a shot and ask the lady in the music department if I can get a copy of DSOTM. She says NO! with a big grin and says come back at midnight. I start to beg and plead and she says "leave or I will call security, You are like the tenth person to harass me(So I think to myself to lighten up lady):angry: . So tomorrow I will go to Best Buy:D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dan, you would instantly reach celebrity status for being thrown out of a Wal-Mart! You would have been my hero, especially for being insistent in your thirst for music! ;)

I walked out of Best Buy and Coconut's stores empty-handed today. Here is what I already posted on another message board about my experience:

Well, I hit my local Best Buy and Coconut's stores today and came away empty-handed. Best Buy had a sign in the Pink Floyd CD section saying to look for the SACD/CD in the DVD-Audio and SACD sections. I don't know why the sign mentioned DVD-Audio, but it did. Anyway, there were no copies of the new disc anywhere to be found. I then found an endcap with a large poster of the new album cover, but the shelves were empty. I asked someone if they had copies in the back, and she checked the computer and found that they had 40 copies back there. However, because the release date is not until tomorrow, she couldn't sell me a copy. She told me that they put the sign up and endcap together this morning to get ready for tomorrow. They have to do two minutes worth of work 24 hours in advance??? They are only setting themselves up for other people to bug them all day like I did. :angry:

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Just tried to call Best Buy, Landmark Center to see if it was on the shelves... 617-424-7900 ...both times I was hung up on. No "hello?". No "how can I help you?". Just "click". Both times.

So do I walk over there in the hopes that they've otherwise done their job and risk coming back empty-handed and extremely pissed off? Can anyone confirm it's on the shelves there before I venture out with my short fuse and bad attitude?

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I just returned from wal-mart with my disc in hand,
Price was $11.84 at the register.
They had only TWO copies of this cd:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks