What's new

Mad Max missing scene (1 Viewer)

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator
Recently picked up Mad Max. At one time in the past when I saw the movie there was a scene after the bikers first got in to town to pick up the night rider. The guy and gal in the red chevy get thrashed on a bit and the scene cuts to a picture of a crow. Back in the 80s I saw the movie where that scene continues on for probably a couple more minutes. After searching the archives I came across a post about the goose face scene (not sure about that one) and another member mentioned this scene with the kids in the chevy and no one else seemed to believe him! I was suprised when I saw the infamous crow on the dvd as my friends and I used to laugh about the "crow" version of the film being cut. Not sure if the scene was in the original theatrical release or the version hbo/showtime picked up in the 80s but it DEFINITELTY exists Jim

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly the British version was censored at that point. Could you have seen that?

I usually trust this site for information about the Mad Max movies, so I'm still a bit skeptical about the extra scenes you mention.

Its not that I don't believe you, but the guy that runs that site is pretty persistent about the saga.

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator
The version I watched today was a region 1 DVD. The version I am referring to was seen in the eighties on hbo/showtime. The scene was a prolonged attack on the 2 young people in the chevy and was pretty violent as I remember. Again my friends and I poked fun at the "crow" version because of the missing scene replaced by the bird! Someone must have it on tape somewhere. I am positive about this. Jim

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
Jimbo:

I also remember the scene you are referring to. As I recall, it was broadcast on The Movie Channel back in the late 80's. I initially recorded it on tape but made the mistake of recording over the tape when the laserdisc was released. I had assumed that the laserdisc would not have been cut. WRONG! All subsequent video releases of Mad Max have cut out this scene as well.:angry:

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply Larry. Now I have to find a copy of the film with this and the other missing scenes as mentioned on the mad max sight! Jim

John CW

Supporting Actor
Maybe it was one of those scenes they insert when the movie is running short because of other cuts? (Just an idea :frowning:)

~ Johnny

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I have a tape of this movie made from a channel that normally broadcast "uncensored" films, I'd guess it was from 1990 at the latest. I think I'll have a look. Time I watched the DVD again too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks