What's new

M*A*S*H Season 4 - Cover art, date, and specs (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Here is the TVShowsOnDVD listing for this:

Release Date: 7/15/2003
Number of Discs: 3
Number of Episodes: 24
Running Time: 632 mins
Retail Price: $39.98 (US$), $54.98 (CAN$)

Audio/Video Information:
Video: Full Frame (1.33:1)
Audio: English - Dolby Digital Mono
English - Dolby Digital Mono - No laugh track
French - Dolby Digital Mono
Spanish - Dolby Digital Mono
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Disc 1: Welcome To Korea (double-length episode); Change Of Command; It Happened One Night; The Late Captain Pierce; Hey, Doc; The Bus; Dear Mildred; and The Kids.
Disc 2: Quo Vadis, Captain Chandler; Dear Peggy; Of Moose And Men; Soldier Of The Month; The Gun; Mail Call, Again; The Price Of Tomato Juice; and Dear Ma.
Disc 3: Der Tag; Hawkeye; Some 38th Parallels; The Novocaine Mutiny; Smilin' Jack; The More I See You; Deluge; and The Interview.

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
Jeez, you'd think they coulda found a better picture of Harry Morgan to Photoshop in there. :thumbsdown:

Although it seems to be a general consistancy with the M*A*S*H sets... a great show but the coverart sucks

Oh wait, its an April Fools joke! I get it! Right?.....Right?

*sigh*

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I always thought Trapper left in the fifth season. Guess, I was wrong.

I think the cover art is great as long as they don't cop out with a brady bunch-esq cover, like they did in Season 2.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I loved the group shot on season 1. Couldn't they just do nogginless interior shots? Or how about just shots of the charachters in the location? The Swamp, OR, Mess tent, Supply tent ( :) ) Rosie's, Colonel's quarters, Margaret's quarters etc etc

The other 2 pics aren't too bad, but BJ looks totally out of place. Sigh. At least they didn't screw up and use Mustachio'd BJ :)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
How about a retrospective on the season on one of these 'collector's editions'? There seems to be plenty of room for something extra besides the episodes for the fans ;) .

Joel

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Wow, I'm pleasantly suprised that the July date is for real!

Maybe the rest of the series will follow more quickly!

The cover art for Season 4 is much better than the 3rd Season, but that's not saying much...

:star:

Coressel

Supporting Actor
It's always been January/July for MASH.....
Well, not really. The 1st Season came out in January, 02 with an instert saying the 2nd Season would be available in May. Then Season 2 was changed to August with Season 3 slated for "Winter" or something, which ended up meaning last month. It's just nice seeing that the date plugged in the Season 3 for Season 4 was correct!

I'm actually not that interested in MASH after the 4th Season, although I am looking forward to catching all of them some day uncut and laugh-trackless.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
While I consider the "Trapper John/Henry Blake" seasons as their finest, there are a few episodes after that I enjoy. And seeing them uncut is always a revelation, especially now that I have been noticing snippets being cut from my daily intake of Seinfeld just to get another damn commerical in there!:angry:

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Another two seasons and my favourite MASH period starts.
While the show was great from the beginning it got a lot better once Frank was gone.
The early episodes are a little too silly for my taste.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gee, guys...I liked every version of MASH. It proved to be a versatile show that could adapt itself to the characters in its ensemble, and to the actors that portrayed them. Yes, the show "morphed" over time, and went through roughly 4 distinct phases that usually characterize different shows. But THIS fan loves every "version".

It was AfterMASH that I couldn't swallow! ;)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Hey, the cover art had to be better than season 3. I don't see how it could have been much worse.

If they'd just implement a "play all" option, I'd be thrilled! I have actually considered ripping my MASH DVDs and making my own so that each show is a chapter in what would really be a single long episode. Yes, it would lower the video quality, but -- damn it -- with the professional DVD software that studios use, how hard is it to make a link to all episodes from a single menu option?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
with the professional DVD software that studios use, how hard is it to make a link to all episodes from a single menu option?
If you're a programmer, probably not hard at all. Try to find a reference to the scripting language though (hahahhahahaahah)

Unless you want to store everythng twice, you have to set a condition on the menu and flag it at the end of ech file. (IF Play_All=True THEN GOTO X) blah blah blah.

For people who are trained, it's not hard at all

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
What's interesting is that with all the griping about the cover art from these seasons, no one has attempted to do something new up on DVDCoverArt. Too bad we don't have a Ric Easton who loves MASH :)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
and went through roughly 4 distinct phases that usually characterize different shows.
I’m interested to know the 4 phases! What are the 4 phases?

My problem with Trapper is that he is too much like Hawkeye. He is like his clone and their duo doesn’t resonate. I think Hunnicut- Hawkeye is a better pair because they are a lot different from each other and that’s why their interaction is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks