-

Photo

Zelda Pre-order question: How does it work?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 04:48 PM

Hey, everyone. I went on a search to find a copy of the pre-order disc tonight, because it seems to have become very rare. I found one behind the counter at Wal-Mart (don't think I was supposed to be back there). Posted Image So...how exactly does this work? When I asked, no one at Wal-Mart had any idea what I was talking about. I'm wondering if I'll have any trouble applying this $10 toward Wind Waker. All I got was the disc and a receipt. Is there something inside the case, like a coupon or something? Just wondering. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Rob

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   JamesH

JamesH

Supporting Actor

• 664 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 05:15 PM

I'm not sure how Walmart does it, but Best Buy rings it up two different ways if you're preordering as opposed to simply purchasing the disk, and gives you a coupon if you preorder.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 08:00 PM

There won't be anything inside the case.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Joel Mack

Joel Mack

Screenwriter

• 2,321 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 03:58 AM

I'm afraid, Robert, that you may have just bought the "Free" bonus disc for $10.

I wouldn't count on being able to apply that towards Zelda...

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   JamesH

JamesH

Supporting Actor

• 664 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 06:33 AM

Go get the disc somewhere else that has the preorders under control and return it to Walmart to get your $10 back.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,846 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 22 2003 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, but HOLD ON TO IT until you find it somewhere else. $10 will be a small price compared to what you'll pay on eBay in the future.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 11:51 AM

I went back to Wal-Mart to see how I was supposed to redeem it, and they said I was supposed to get some kind of slip. I said I didn't get one, so I showed them my receipt, and they gave me one. Now I'm all set. I got my slip, my receipt, and the bonus disc. Is it officially out of print now, or what? Thanks for your responses.

Rob

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,846 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 22 2003 - 05:11 PM

I actually see on Nintendo's site that you can order a Wind Waker bundle from them with OOT and a strategy guide. So, they're still out there. But, the site does say they are limited.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Joe michaels

Joe michaels

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 03:49 AM

BEST BUY didn't give me any kind of coupon when I bought mine. They told me to be sure and hang on to the receipt because that is all that would be necessary to obtain the Windwaker game minus $15.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

• 840 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 04:02 AM

Quote:
BEST BUY didn't give me any kind of coupon when I bought mine. They told me to be sure and hang on to the receipt because that is all that would be necessary to obtain the Windwaker game minus $15.

Yeah, my Best Buy got in copies of the game from Nintendo several days before they got their pre-sell tickets from corporate. So, anyone that bought the OOT disc but didn't get their pre-sell ticket with it, make sure you have your reciept with the purchase of the bonus disc showing on it, when you pick up Wind Waker this week.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Joe michaels

Joe michaels

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 04:08 AM

Thanks Matt, I just called BB and they confirmed exactly what you said before I read your post.
Also they said they are keeping a number of discs aside to cover the pre-orders.