What's new

Is there a cure? (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Why is it that I feel I need to constantly be upgrading my setup? Why can't I be happy with what I have? I know there is bigger and better out there. I know most people would kill for my meager setup.

Marantz AV560U pre/rpo
Rotel RMB-1066
Panasonic 47wx52(16:9)
Panasonic RP82
Paradigm Mini Monitors, CC-350, PS1000
Marantz RC5000i

Why, Why Why?????

Kevin

RobWil

Supporting Actor
""I know there is bigger and better out their.""

You just answered your own question! :D

And that's 'there' not 'their'...sorry just a habit :b

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Kevin,

Fantasy Football has cured me from August through January the past two years :) Unfortunately, there are 7 other months! One cure might be to stop reading all forums and home theater magazines....

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Is there a cure? Just shoot me maybe (or my husband will take me out). The thought crossed my pea brain last week. Hey I wonder what kind of trade-in I could get on the new Vienna Acoustic Beethoven’s towards the Mahlers (which I have not even heard, nor know, if I would like). Did get my HD capability up and running and shortly after I managed to tone down my desire for a bigger bad-er HD STB till they sort out the [issues]. I had to return my most recen STB. NOT feeling hopeful for the latest PVR included versions after that foray. AN urge (growing) to hear a REL sub.

Nope.....not many cures!

Adam.Gonsman

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've brought it up in another thread that maybe some of us should visit the Betty Ford Clinic. That might be a start to help us with our addictions. Or at least start a support group....

(walks into small room with people in metal folding chairs and coffe pot along one wall)
"Hello everyone. My name is Adam and I'm an...audiophile"
(hangs head in shame)

I don't know. I think there are worse habbits we could have. (I'm now trying to deny or at least justify my problem. I guess that's the first sign I really am addicted). At least we're not addicted to crack or heroin. Although if you happen to be that too, I want to know what you do for a living cause I can't even support my audio habbits. :)

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
I don't think there is a cure for HT upgraditis. Too many components and too many changes in technology for those components.

I do think stereo 2-channel does have a cure, since drastic changes come about much slower in that realm. Or at least it can have a longer time span between upgraditis infections.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks