Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nec Ht1000

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Todd_RIC

Todd_RIC

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 05:57 AM

Hello everyone,

Do any of you have this projector? If you have or have seen it, I would really like to hear your impressions of the unit. It got a really good review at projector central, but I wanted to hear from some other folks as well. I would really like a DLP unit that had a 16:9 native aspect ratio, but alas, none are to be found except around the $10,000 range. Let me hear from you...

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   TanT

TanT

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 03:19 PM

I don't own that unit but I've heard that it's a front runner of its price range

http://www.projector...ec_ht1000_2.htm
http://www.projector...eater_watch.htm

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 04:11 PM

Also have a look at the $5000 and Up projector forum on www.avsforum.com for the extremely positive reviews of this projector.

I am stunned that Home Theater magazine states that the HT1000 has nearly perfect 6500K grayscale tracking right out of the box!
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   jimmy~e

jimmy~e

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 07:17 AM

I am considering buying the HT 1000 sight unseen. Another forum similar to this one called "Home Theater Spot" has a group buy plan on the HT 1000 for paid members. If you join for $25, you can get a really, really good deal on the HT 1000. Members are not supposed to reveal the actual group buy price but I can tell you that its a great deal.
There is also a glowing review from an owner of the machine on that site.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Antony_VE

Antony_VE

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 12:47 PM

We looked at quite a number and my friend bought this, its really good, looks the same as being in a cinema, great quality and also very 3d like and handles dark colours well.

Has built in line doubling chip as well..
Cheers Antony

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   jimmy~e

jimmy~e

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 05:42 AM

I neglected to mention that there are quite a few reviews of the HT 1000 from people who have purchased the unit at the Projector Central review of the machine, just click on 'user reviews."

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   BruceW

BruceW

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 12:45 PM

Does anyone know of a showroom with an NEC HT1000 fp in the Baltimore or Washington, D.C. suburbs?

Thanks.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit

• 289 posts

Posted May 25 2003 - 03:46 PM

I spent about a week watching bits of SWEPII on an HT-1000 where I work. It's the hole reason I purchased a DLP projector and not a Z1 or 300U. My X1 is nice (very nice especially considering the price), but not as nice as the color, resolution and black levels of this HT-1000. If I had the extra $$(and ceiling height)I would spring for the HT-1000. At more then 4x the cost though, I just couldn't justify it. Maybe when it's time to upgrade.

Randy
Randy J. Fisher, CTS-D