What's new

Enterprise Season Finale Details (Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Enterprise's second-season finale, "The Expanse", will reportedly feature the return of the Klingons — and a disastrous attack on Earth.

According to sources, as the episode opens the Klingon Chancellor is smarting because Archer not only outwitted Duras and escaped confinement in Rura Penthe in "Judgment", but the captain also managed to escape from the bounty hunter who captured him when the Klingons put a price on his head in "Bounty". The Chancellor offers the disgraced Duras a change to regain his command (and his honour), by recapturing Archer.

But the Enterprise has more pressing matters to attend to — there's been an attack on Earth. Before the crew can reach Earth, Duras leads an attack on the NX-01, disabling the Starfleet ship's phaser cannons. The Klingons are just about to lead a boarding party when three Starfleet vessels (but only of the warp two variety) fly in, weapons blazing. Faced with such superior firepower, the Klingons are forced to withdraw.

When the crew finally reach Earth, the extent of the massive devastation is revealed — a large scar of destruction through Florida and Cuba...

The episode will also reportedly feature a romance for Jonathan Archer, in the form of Rebecca, who the NX-01 captain renews his relationship with while he is back on Earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that this information is based on excerpts from an early draft of the script, and details will likely change before the episode enters production. Also please be aware that Paramount Pictures have not yet officially confirmed these details, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour.

"The Expanse" will be directed by Allan Kroeker and is set to air on Wednesday, May 21 at 9:00 p.m.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
It does seem interestnig, but Judgement must be an episode that hasn't aired yet because it dosn't sonud familiar. It's about time they started to get into the Klingon War, but they should have done it much sooner, or saved the 'disasterous' first contact with the Klingons for later in Season 2, Rather than have it focused on in the pilot.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
This apparently makes three Klingon-themed episodes for April and May; worth noting that B&B don't seem to be writing them. I wonder if maybe, just maybe, John Shiban really will be in charge when Season 3 starts.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
The Klingon episodes are all going to lead into each other, 3 in a row, the season finale being a cliffhanger which will lead into season 3's premiere.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I must be a dyslexic wishful thinker because I read the thread title as "Final Season" and got excited thinking they were going to cancel this show.

I am one of those loyal Trekkers who keeps watching this show out of some loyalty to the franchise, but every week it gets harder and harder.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
The rest of the episodes this season, in airing order (air date in parentheses), are:

"THE CROSSING" (April 2, 2003)
"JUDGEMENT" (April 9,2003)
"HORIZON" (April 16, 2003)
"THE BREACH" (April 23, 2003)
"COGENITOR" (April 30, 2003)
"REGENERATION" (May 7, 2003)
"FIRST FLIGHT" (May 14, 2003)
"BOUNTY" (May 21, 2003)
"THE EXPANSE" (May 21, 2003)

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
Well sounds promising, bout time we got into the thick of things with the Klingons, now if we can only get something going with the Romulans...

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Well sounds promising, bout time we got into the thick of things with the Klingons, now if we can only get something going with the Romulans...
At this point we don't know who it was who attacked Earth. It could very well be the Rommies. On DS9, Martok said that the Klingons had never attacked Earth. Contenders right now are Romulans, Tholians, Suliban, Andorians, or some new threat.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That sounds pretty desperate to me.

I finally nailed what it was I didn't like most about last week's episide: the sheer ordinariness of the way everything was presented. Nothing new.

Enterprise was such a bad idea.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Agreed...

'Gee, something we're doing isn't clicking with todays audiences. We've added T and A, no go. We've added action(somewhat) and no go. I KNOW! Lets change the premise of the show altogeher and start fresh! That'll work for shor, even though we still have the same production team and writers!'

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
For the first time on a Star Trek series, we're going to be dealing with a mission to save Earth," Berman said in an interview.
Correct me if I'm wrong (as I am not one of the Star Trek extremists), but the various Star Trek television series have all, in one way or another "saved Earth".

Whether directly (TOS - Doomsday Machine which was on a course to consume our solar system, TNG - "Best of Both Worlds parts I & II), or indirectly (DS9 arch involving the Dominion War). Even Janeway had a crack at saving Earth in the Voyager series finale where she destroyed the Borg central command system!

Is it me, or have B&B completely lost touch with the show's time-line, and the series fans? The spoiler announcement makes them come off as political spin-meisters!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I honestly doubt Berman remembers

Anyone know if Michael Piller would come back if they gave him the franchise?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, he's happy doing The Dead Zone with his son right now. I'd kill to have Ron Moore working on this show - the history of the Federation and their early relations with the Klingons would be right up his alley - but that ship has sailed.

I'm beginning to think Berman and/or Braga has some sort of blackmail material on someone at Paramount even better than what James Marsters has on Joss Whedon; ten years of diminishing returns on their show(s) without being canned has got to be some sort of record in the cutthroat world of television.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Enterprise was such a bad idea.
I disagree. The premise is excellent. The execution, however, leaves a whole lot to be desired. Get a new writing team. Replace some, or all, of the cast, and then we could have a very good series on our hands.

I can only think of two episodes I've actually enjoyed so far (the one with the hidden Vulcan spy base, and ShuttlePod One). That's two out of ~35. Not a good average.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Replace the writers, people in charge of trek and get some real directors instead of a trek actor every other episode. I dont think its the cast's fault for the show. they are directed and use the material given to them

capt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You know, I just had a frightening thought, what if this doesn't turn into Voyager, but instead turns into Space Battleship Yamato (Starblazers)?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
It looks like they're seriously changing the direction of the show. Isn't this what we all wanted? I really don't understand criticising this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks