-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Guilty pleasure DVD's: Where are the 80's T & A films?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#1 of 64 Nathan McMahan

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted March 20 2003 - 07:08 PM

Ran across an old VHS of Spring Break. Where are all the films like Ski School, Miracle Beach, Hot Dog: The Movies, Ski Patrol, and the rest of the Dean Cameron ouevre?
What other guilty pleasures from years past are out there that haven't made it to DVD yet that seriously need to?
It's not my goddamn planet, understand monkeyboy!

#2 of 64 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 20 2003 - 07:41 PM

Anything with Betsy Russell. Tomboy. Private School for Girls. Bad movies, fine Betsy. Posted Image

#3 of 64 Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 03:27 PM

Heh heh... I was thinking of Private School myself... added bonus of Phoebe Cates as the "good girl." (read: the one who keeps her clothes on)
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#4 of 64 Dave H

Dave H

Producer

• 5,253 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 04:21 PM

Let's not forget Private Lessons!

#5 of 64 ChrisJefferys

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 07:09 PM

I second the vote for Betsy Russell! Still waiting for the Private School for Girls DVD (come on Universal, I don't ask for much).

#6 of 64 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 21 2003 - 10:37 PM

Here's a few off the top of my head:
  • The Bitch
  • Chained Heat
  • Joysticks
  • Love Lines
  • Lunch Wagon
  • Paradise
  • Perfect Timing
  • Perils of Gwendoline
  • Porky's Revenge
  • Private Lessons
  • Private School (for Girls)
  • The Seduction
  • The Sensuous Nurse
  • The Stud
  • Tarzan: The Ape Man
  • Tigers In Lipstick
  • Tomboy

Later this year Anchor Bay is bringing us The Cheerleaders, Revenge of the Cheerleaders (starring David Hasselhoff as "Boner"!), and the Angel/Avenging Angel/Angel III trilogy! Posted Image

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 64 Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,001 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 08:07 AM

Is The Cheerleaders gonna be the uncut version? I have a copy of the Prism Entertainment VHS and imdb says this is an edited version but it was released uncut a few years before Prism put it out. I saw Revenge of the Cheerleaders on TV once and they zoomed-in on a lot of shots to hide the naughty stuff!
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#8 of 64 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 22 2003 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
I second the vote for Betsy Russell!

The two scenes where she took off her top in Tomboy were enough to make a young boy weep. Posted Image

Oh, and The Scene in Mischief had the same effect. EVERYONE was talking about that one at school the next day! Posted Image

#9 of 64 Randy B A

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

• 785 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 01:21 PM

hot moves
breaking all the rules
just one of the guys

#10 of 64 Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 02:39 PM

Don't forget about the rest of the Police Academy movies. Posted Image

#11 of 64 Larry W

Larry W

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 03:08 PM

I'd like to get Private School. Especially, if it included the alleged outtakes and deleted scenes. I heard there is more of Betsy in those scenes. Posted Image And, who could say no to more of Betsy. Posted Image

#12 of 64 ChrisJefferys

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted March 22 2003 - 04:52 PM

Really? Where did you hear about outtakes or deleted scenes? I would love to see any if they exist? But something tells me that some kind of "special edition" with such footage would be too much to hope for.Posted Image

And Greg, I remember Tomboy and Mischief from my formulative years very well. Posted Image

#13 of 64 Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 01:17 PM

Mischief is one of the 1980's T & A films which i would purchase once it makes it onto DVD but only IF Mischief is released on DVD in OAR. The character named Gene who is played by Chris Nash is the best in the movie. The IMDB says that FOX owns the rights to Mischief. FOX please release Mischief on DVD in OAR.

#14 of 64 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 23 2003 - 03:47 PM

Mischief was actually more than just T&A, IMHO. Good movie.

#15 of 64 Larry W

Larry W

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 04:07 PM

Chris,

I had heard that there is a longer (more revealing) version of Betsy's shower scene near the beginning of Private School. I think I had read about it around the time the film first came out.

The rumor might be true because there is a bit of a jump cut between Betsy opening the shower curtain and her seeing the guy in the mirror. But, I don't know for certain.

More recently, I heard that there was a Phoebe Cates shower scene that was cut. I read that at the Bare Facts (http://www.barefacts.com/) a few years ago. But, the author of the site didn't post this info, so take it with a grain of salt.

Larry

#16 of 64 David Coleman

David Coleman

Supporting Actor

• 757 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 04:13 PM

Anything with Betsy Russell. Tomboy. Private School for Girls. Bad movies, fine Betsy.

Wonder whatever happened to her of what she looks like now??

#17 of 64 ShawnDCarter

ShawnDCarter

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 05:49 PM

How about "Just one of the Guys" ? The movie is a pile of steaming mastadong dung, but it's good fun nonetheless.
"Thank goodness for THAT!" -Christopher Lee (upon his finding that "The Lord of the Rings" would indeed be a trilogy instead of one or two films)

My DVD CollectionIM: PlaidPhantom

#18 of 64 Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 07:04 PM

Wouldn't 9 1/2 weeks fall under this category?

#19 of 64 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 10:17 PM

I think movies like 9½ Weeks, Mischief, and Reckless (Daryl Hannah) don't quite fall into this category. All three had crossed my mind, but all had a plotline that was quite serious in the story they wanted to tell, and the "T&A" was actually story-driven in a big way. Less so for Mischief, but still it got you into the young man's character and state of mind quickly so you could compare him to the rough biker dude later on.

No, I hadn't included these three (and others) on my long list posted above because they weren't just T&A romps like the others mentioned. There's a difference between a film that's out-and-out a T&A flick, and one that's a "real" flick with some T&A thrown in just to help sell tickets. Posted Image

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#20 of 64 Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor

• 631 posts

Posted March 23 2003 - 10:38 PM

How about Up The Creek?

Classic Tim Matheson needs to be released one way or another.

-Chad