What's new

Guilty pleasure DVD's: Where are the 80's T & A films? (1 Viewer)

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator
Ran across an old VHS of Spring Break. Where are all the films like Ski School, Miracle Beach, Hot Dog: The Movies, Ski Patrol, and the rest of the Dean Cameron ouevre?
What other guilty pleasures from years past are out there that haven't made it to DVD yet that seriously need to?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Heh heh... I was thinking of Private School myself... added bonus of Phoebe Cates as the "good girl." (read: the one who keeps her clothes on)

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
I second the vote for Betsy Russell! Still waiting for the Private School for Girls DVD (come on Universal, I don't ask for much).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's a few off the top of my head:
  • [*]The Bitch[*]Chained Heat[*]Joysticks[*]Love Lines[*]Lunch Wagon[*]Paradise[*]Perfect Timing[*]Perils of Gwendoline[*]Porky's Revenge[*]Private Lessons[*]Private School (for Girls)[*]The Seduction[*]The Sensuous Nurse[*]The Stud[*]Tarzan: The Ape Man[*]Tigers In Lipstick[*]Tomboy

Later this year Anchor Bay is bringing us The Cheerleaders, Revenge of the Cheerleaders (starring David Hasselhoff as "Boner"!), and the Angel/Avenging Angel/Angel III trilogy! :eek:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Is The Cheerleaders gonna be the uncut version? I have a copy of the Prism Entertainment VHS and imdb says this is an edited version but it was released uncut a few years before Prism put it out. I saw Revenge of the Cheerleaders on TV once and they zoomed-in on a lot of shots to hide the naughty stuff!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I second the vote for Betsy Russell!
The two scenes where she took off her top in Tomboy were enough to make a young boy weep.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Oh, and The Scene in Mischief had the same effect. EVERYONE was talking about that one at school the next day! :)

Larry W

Agent
I'd like to get Private School. Especially, if it included the alleged outtakes and deleted scenes. I heard there is more of Betsy in those scenes. ;) And, who could say no to more of Betsy. :D

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Really? Where did you hear about outtakes or deleted scenes? I would love to see any if they exist? But something tells me that some kind of "special edition" with such footage would be too much to hope for.:frowning:

And Greg, I remember Tomboy and Mischief from my formulative years very well. :)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Mischief is one of the 1980's T & A films which i would purchase once it makes it onto DVD but only IF Mischief is released on DVD in OAR. The character named Gene who is played by Chris Nash is the best in the movie. The IMDB says that FOX owns the rights to Mischief. FOX please release Mischief on DVD in OAR.

Larry W

Agent
Chris,

I had heard that there is a longer (more revealing) version of Betsy's shower scene near the beginning of Private School. I think I had read about it around the time the film first came out.

The rumor might be true because there is a bit of a jump cut between Betsy opening the shower curtain and her seeing the guy in the mirror. But, I don't know for certain.

More recently, I heard that there was a Phoebe Cates shower scene that was cut. I read that at the Bare Facts (http://www.barefacts.com/) a few years ago. But, the author of the site didn't post this info, so take it with a grain of salt.

Larry

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think movies like 9½ Weeks, Mischief, and Reckless (Daryl Hannah) don't quite fall into this category. All three had crossed my mind, but all had a plotline that was quite serious in the story they wanted to tell, and the "T&A" was actually story-driven in a big way. Less so for Mischief, but still it got you into the young man's character and state of mind quickly so you could compare him to the rough biker dude later on.

No, I hadn't included these three (and others) on my long list posted above because they weren't just T&A romps like the others mentioned. There's a difference between a film that's out-and-out a T&A flick, and one that's a "real" flick with some T&A thrown in just to help sell tickets. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks