What's new

(un)Official HTF Greater Cincinnati Meet (v.2) (1 Viewer)

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
OK Everyone:

I volunteered for this next meet. Now, my equipment is not as good as Alan's but I know with everyone I've met so far - we'll have a lot of fun.

I'm proposing two dates for consideration because of our Miami friends.

They are April 5th or April 12th. If we can't swing one of these dates it will be in May before I could have the meet. And we would have to consider someone else hosting because of the spring break schedule.

Here's a really proposed agenda but I suspect we'll only follow it loosely.

Like to see LaMarcus bring that sub again. As mine is pitiful.

AGENDA:

5 pm starting time.

1.Introductions

2.Play music - say everyone bring 1 track you really want to hear. Experiment with different settings on the 45 TX.

3. Show calibration on 45 TX and MCACC capabilities.

4. Someone bring Avia or video essentials and practice calibrating my TV

5. Pizza and lots of Beer

6. Watch a few movie clips to see if we can say mine still needs professionally calibrated - I'm sure it will after ALan's results.

We may not get to the next step based upon our last meet.

6. Watch one Movie we all pick out before hand. What do you all say we make suggestions on the one we want to watch and the most votes win!

7. Adjourn 11 pm.

Couple of things my room comfortably seats 7 and we can get 9 in there if you sit on the two ottomans. Any more than that and some will have to sit on the floor.

My wife has allergies and doesn't allow smoking in the house. But, we have a great big beautiful deck for you guys who will need a break.

I'll tell my wife to leave and put china away.

Mike

Toshiba 57HDX82
Pioneer 45TX
Toshiba DVD
RCA Junk CD Player
JVC SVHS
Paradigm Studio 40s FL, FR
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio ADPs, Surrounds
Definitive Pro 100 sub

OK LETS HEAR SOME CHATTER ON THE DATES!:)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Mike, I'm there man!! Be aware that the NCAA semifinals are on April 5th!! The 12th may be best!! And the next weekend is Vegas, er, I mean Easter!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
What ever the date is, me and my son..uh..I mean the SVS sub will be there..

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Guys I have great news!! I just found a member here in Dayton that is a actual ISF certified calibrator!! Since I'm on third shift and it's 2:30 in the morning, I can't get in contact with him yet, buy you better believe that when the sun comes up, I will be finding this guy for sure!!

Can you tell how excited I am? I would have liked Gregg to do it, but I can't wait that long, and I'm sure this guy knows what Gregg does, and if he can replicate that, it would be great. But at the least I'm sure he can make my tv look better than it does now. Hopefully he can come and do my tv Saturday, if he can to it today that would be awesome!

Only $275, I think it's worth it, that's half of what it cost to get Gregg to do it, not to mention the wait. Oh man I am so amped!!!!:b

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Alan:

One of us needs to e-mail everyone and get them to look at the post...........Think you could do that? If you don't want to ---- e-mail me everyone's address and I'll do it - no problem plus I can send out directions to my place.

Mike

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Mike,

I just sent out that e-mail for you. That should provide you with every ones address, except for Brian!!

Later;)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
The 12th would be better for me as well, since I have family from Florida visiting on the weekend before. I hope everyone can make it!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm here. The 12th sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to it. My email is [email protected] in case anyone needs it.

edit: That's with a "g". With the underscoring, it looks kind of like a "q".

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Unless the job I am on starts going overtime, I should be there! Mike, e-mail those idrections when you get a chance. Oh crap, I just noticed the date, I'd better send in my taxes!

George

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Hi everyone!

Looks like its the 12th. Let's stay with that date - it should be better for me also.

LaMarcus - can you bring your AVIA or Video essentials disc?

Mike

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I can bring VE and that Dobly Digtial disc if you want.

....Oh and of coarse the SVS :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Good thing it ended up being set for the 12th, although I'm not sure if I can make it. The 5th would've been a definite no, as I have a concert that night; Carmina Burana (Miami University Collegiate Chorale) with the Cincinnati Ballet, you guys should see it! :D I'll be performing on the night of the 4th and afternoon of the 6th as well, but they're all good, since you wouldn't be able to distinguish my voice from the others, anyway. :)

Gregory E

Second Unit
Man, I finally got around to replying to the old thread and you guys go and start a new one....geez!

:wink:

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I have the one from there website. It has all their trailers, I brought it to the last meet and everybody loved it. It's just a dvd with sound nice surround effects on it, that's about it.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ah, I was wondring if it was the one I have. I just got one from someone else in this forum. It has the DD trailers, all the THX trailers, the DTS trailers, the Phantom Menace Pod Race Scene in DD and DTS, and the THX WOW! demo. The latter being really cool. I love this disc! I take it when I go speaker and equipment shopping. All the salesguys get jealous:laugh: !

I was going to bring it with me and I didn't want to bring a disc that someone else already had. I don't have any equipment to lug along with me.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Oh my goodness! Make sure you bring that!! I've heard so much about that disc (thx)! You have a different disc than I do. Soundslike you have the dts demo disk too! I have the DD demo disc. Depending on how good your disc is, I may have to get that too. I know getting the THX disc is next to impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks