What's new

The Eternal Angelriffic Thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
In these times, it becomes necessary to sometimes create a New Testament to the perfection of Lord Whedon

*sprinkles Mountain Dew*

In the name of Lord Whedon, and his everlasting perfection I declare this thread to be open, and and yet another eternal memorial to times past

Amen-ay

Lama Lama Ding Dong!

Spoilers for tonight over at AICN

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
All I have to say is its about time (For both this thread and a new ep. of Angel tonight)
I think I'm gonna have to rewatch 'Sleep Tight' just to refresh my memory...
I'll review the R2 Season 2 DVDs as soon as they arrive.

JQ

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody know the reason that Cordy has not been on the show the past few episodes? Was it something personal with Charisma's schedule, or just to allow Angel to focus full-time on other things w/o worrying about having Cordy around?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Can Jeff Kleist pull it off again and create another HTF evergreen thread with a lifespace similar to a Northern Californian Redwood tree? Time will tell. Good luck, Jeff!

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Can't wait for the final episodes of this season.
The follow-up eps of "Sleep Tight" have great potential, I just hope they won't screw the end of this season like they did with the ending season 2 (what a disaster!)...

Vincent

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I loved the trip to Pylea. It was pretty much my favorite part of season 2. this season has been the best of ANGEL so far. :) Can't wait for 3.17 - Forgiving... Tonight!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the trip to Pylea was great fun - not only did we get Lorne backstory, and a great antidote to the depressing antics on "Buffy", but we got Fred out of it!

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Pylea let us see all kinds of things on Angel that we couldnt get in L.A. in all the characters. The season 2 ending couldnt be further from a 'disaster' IMO.
JQ

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Jack,
if anyone can pull off another epic thread Jeff can. :)

But for the record, let it be known that I started the ORIGINAL 'Angelriffic' thread, it got closed though. Why they couldn't pull it from the archives and re-open it is beyond me. But i'm not bitter...much.

But good luck Jeff with this one. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, John started it originally. Our moderator and fellow Jossite Patrick Sun asked me to begin the thread so that it will recieve the same blessing and long life of the Buffy thread, STILL the only TRUELY Eternal thread on the HTF!

On tonights episode (no spoilers)

All HAIL LORD WHEDON, AND HIS SERVANT SAINT GREENWALT! I HAVE SEEN THE LATEST PIECE OF HIS TESTAMENT TO PERFECTION, AND IT IS A GLORY TO HIS NAME!

Dear JOSS, I haven't felt this excited since the end of Buffy Season 3, may Angel not suffer the same downswing.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
A nit-picky little point about tonite's ep (I'm a relative newbie to Angel, so I'm still trying to get my bearings with regards to the plotline); in a really strict sense, I guess this could be spoiler-ish material:

....if revealing whether or not Wesley's still alive by the end of the episode. Anyone notice how the X-rays on the lightbox in Wesley's hospital room change in the middle of the scene? First there's a lateral-view chest X-ray and a skull film on the box, then a few seconds later, there's an abdominal film and a front-view chest film, which they were good enough to place upside-down! Minor point, I know, but as an M.D., what else am I gonna nit-pick about? ;)

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
The episode sustained the momentum, I'd say. Nothing too revelatory though -- I wish the ending hadn't been so easy to see coming. I liked it anyway. Boreanaz is doing some nice work.

Small complaints:

-Undercranked fighting
-Confrontations ending with "...I'm sorry..."

Anyone else see this article? It has some vague spoilers but it gives me confidence in the show's near future.

Edit: I see that Herc at AICN didn't feel the ending made much sense -- I disagree. I think it would make quite a lot of sense to a parent (though I'm not one).

Also, I forgot to mention the White Room, home of a very talented young actress. Good scene.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good grief! I was thinking the ending was some dream of Wesley's (which seems to be the rage among TV shows doing the day-dream fantasies to garner gaffaws), but it was real, baby! Angel is still hellbent on teaching Wesley a thing or two about kidnapping his son. Good for Angel!

This sets up all sorts of tension for the rest of the season.

Wesley might not be welcomed in the hotel for a while, and that means he'll have to work outside of the group trying to make things right between Angel and him. But that will only happen when Connor is back with Angel (I would find it funny if Gru did turn out to be Connor
).

There were be hell to pay for Angel's visit to the White room (the girl was quite spooky - loved the bit about requiring Angel to kill a human and Lila was the most convenient choice - Angel probably would have had no compunction doing it if he felt he needed to in order to find Connor).

I like the acting that Amy Acker (Fred) did with her scenes with Angel. She came off as truly frightened for Angel and Connor.

Wesley must have some mystical recuperative powers or damn lucky to survive not only the throat slashing, but earlier the stabbings in his guy. Makes you wonder...

It's great to have new episodes of Angel back on the air for the next 6 weeks!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Uh, John Williamson, your initial thread was not with pure intentions (you know this to be true), thus, it was unworthy of such consideration to kick off the now official, and in time, legendary thread of threads for Angel. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The High Priest declines to rule in this matter

He blesses all attempts to promote the work of Lord Whedon, but having this thread starting out with the proper ceremony ensures it's longevity ;)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Gret episode but...

Someone needs to smack Angel upside the head. He could learn the lesson of forgiveness from Giles, Buffy, the Scooby Gang, and his present co-horts (including Wesley).

I'm sure that by the end of the season all will be forgiven (and Groo will turn out to be Connor).

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Someone needs to smack Angel upside the head. He could learn the lesson of forgiveness from Giles, Buffy, the Scooby Gang, and his present co-horts (including Wesley).
I know. The hypocrite... Cool moments, Angel refusing to beat the crap out of whats-her-face, and then Fred hitting her. Good fight work tonight, incidentally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks