-

Photo
- - - - -

The Eternal Angelriffic Thread (Merged)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3775 replies to this topic

#1 of 3776 OFFLINE   Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted November 18 2002 - 10:56 AM

I think we're reading too much into the Conner storyline -- she didn't once hint at a long term relationship. I think the exact line was something along the lines of, "I want this one moment to be real for you," or something similar. I took it as a one-night stand, which will ultimately have dire consequences.

Personally, I'm not sure Conner will survive the season.

#2 of 3776 OFFLINE   Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon

Second Unit

• 334 posts

Posted February 13 2003 - 09:46 AM

Cool theory, but I don't think she would have whacked Lila in that manner -- no matter how much she deserved it.

#3 of 3776 ONLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,675 posts

Posted January 30 2003 - 05:29 AM

Quote:
Yes, it's how you get Angel in a state of bliss (via a dream):

You ward off the rogue shaman.
You get Wesley to apologize to you.
You slap Connor around and beat some sense into him.
You beat the big bad.
You get your just reward with shagging Cordy (but at the last instance, you utter Buffy's name.

Boom! Angelus is back!
Boy that Angel is high-maintenance! It would have only taken the last item on that list to get me in a state of bliss! Posted Image

And yes, my GF also thought that Angelus was laying low for the whole time.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#4 of 3776 ONLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,675 posts

Posted March 06 2003 - 05:16 AM

Quote:
And what was Angelus's motivation for killing the Beast? Seems like it would have been in his interest to at least let the Beast kill Faith first?
As others pointed out, I think he wanted Faith's blood on his hands as well. Also remember that he and the beast were not in allegiance, and that while the beast was distracted and putting Faith down was probably Angel's best opportunity to catch him off guard and unsuspecting. If he had let the Beast kill Faith, then his full attention would be on Angelus and thus he'd be less likely to get that killing shot in.

#5 of 3776 ONLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,675 posts

Posted March 06 2003 - 05:18 AM

Oh, and yes I also don't find Cordy very convincing in her "bad" role (though I don't think she's awful). But I do like Boreanaz's turn as Angelus. His acting, I think, is indeed up a notch or two. And man have I been waiting for Faith to come back (and in more than just a "hetero-man-want-girl" way). Her character has added spice to what was already a very good series. Can't wait to see how they resolve this (and no I'm not going to read the spoiler thread! Posted Image ).

#6 of 3776 OFFLINE   Christian Morley

Christian Morley

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 30 2002 - 03:30 AM

As for the WB in boston. I have to agree with the venting...it would be somewhat excuseable if it weren't such a pivotal moment and if they hadnt done it before but this is at least the 3rd time the WB has done this to angel (I dont knwo fi they do it to other shows as well since pretty much the only wb shows i watch are angel and smallville)

#7 of 3776 Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Posted May 06 2002 - 02:26 PM

I missed tonight's episode, could someone be nice enough to tell me what happened?

#8 of 3776 Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Guest_DAN NEIR_*

Posted March 05 2003 - 02:20 PM

I can't see how off of this episode anyone can say Faith doesn't deserve her own show. After Buffy and Angel she is my favorite character in the entire Buffy universe. Excellent episode with still so much to go and uncover. Hopefully the fox show won't do good and Faith the VampireSlayer can come on as a midseason replacement in 04.

#9 of 3776 OFFLINE   Dave Dahl

Dave Dahl

Stunt Coordinator

• 139 posts

Posted March 19 2003 - 02:01 PM

The war coverage has blocked out the last 8 minutes of Angel. What happened at the end? My wife and I are dying to know.

-Dave

#10 of 3776 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted April 16 2002 - 12:19 AM

Quote:
*sprinkles Mountain Dew*
Exactly where are you sprinkling that Dew? Once it turns sticky, it's a bitch to clean up. Posted Image

Awesome Angel episode last night, BTW. Took a while, but they finally got me three or four (new) episodes back...
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#11 of 3776 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 03:47 AM

Quote:
a hard-won trip to the Exposition Room
Posted Image Posted Image
= Derek Miner =

#12 of 3776 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted April 30 2002 - 04:18 PM

Quote:
Fairly enjoyable episode, but I have come to realize that David Fury is by far my least favorite Buffy/Angel writer. I lost track of the number of times a character said something to the effect of "when you use dark magic there are always consequences!"
There was also a hell of a lot of recapped exposition in this week's episode. Whether Fury was directed to do this or not, it almost stopped the dialog flat each time someone had to talk about things that happened in the previous shows.

And has anyone seen the promo for this week's Enterprise episode on UPN? It looks a lot like this week's Angel. Posted Image
= Derek Miner =

#13 of 3776 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted May 21 2002 - 04:51 AM

You wanna know what's worse than cliffhangers?

Try explaining this show to people who have only seen a couple episodes. I watched this week with someone who saw the last two episodes, and nothing else. Oh boy, the questions. At least they sort of knew who Connor was, but they still didn't cling to the Conner/Steven dichotomy.

If you want a real mind-f#@k, think about explaining all that leads up to just this week's finale to someone with no background.

My brain hurts. Posted Image
= Derek Miner =

#14 of 3776 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted May 21 2002 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
Of course, you know what might be fun... "Fifty years later". Cordy returns without having aged a day, is able to sense where Angel is, and they find Wesley running Wolfram and Hart. Sure, it'd only last an episode or two before they find some means to travel back in time (Fred's life's work?) to "six months later", but wouldn't it be a heck of a way to start the new season off with a bang?
Jason, why aren't you writing these shows? Your ideas for Buffy and Angel have been excellent. Of course, I never liked that idea of making Buffy a cop, but... Posted Image Seriously, do you have aspirations to do this?

The writers of Angel could go anywhere with that finale. I will definitely be looking forward to it. (the next season premiere, that is)
= Derek Miner =

#15 of 3776 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted May 23 2002 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, so I'm getting further off topic here. Shoot me.

Quote:
being able to come up with a neat idea means very little toward being able to tell a story.
I think you've shown a more than adequate knowledge of how a "story" should be structred, Jason.

Quote:
People cannot sell spec scripts to shows directly. The only way to sell a script to anything is through an agent.
Yes, the sad truth of it all... While I do think Jason's ideas for Buffy and Angel have been quite good, I know he couldn't break into those shows. However, I think that should he connect with the right premise and characters that he would be able to turn out several excellent ideas. And having good concepts or plot ideas for a show is still a sellable commodity.
= Derek Miner =

#16 of 3776 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted October 13 2002 - 10:18 AM

In case anyone's hesitating on watching tonight, this week's ep is darn good. Posted Image And there's a new character I'd like to see more of in the future.
= Derek Miner =

#17 of 3776 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted March 05 2003 - 03:49 PM

Left the house to see a movie and forgot to set the VCR... rushed home to catch the last half-hour... which was spectacular, I must say. Must not let that happen again. :b
= Derek Miner =

#18 of 3776 OFFLINE   Diana M

Diana M

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted May 27 2002 - 11:21 PM

Jason, didn't they suck Sah-Ja into a bottle, or did I miss him getting free again?

I'm much more upset about the prophecy being fake as I thought Wesley and his defense of the baby was the best part of the show, and it kind of cheapens that now

I have to admit Wesley has become my favorite character, simply because I think Alex is the best actor on the show

Diana

#19 of 3776 OFFLINE   Diana M

Diana M

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted December 01 2002 - 11:59 PM

Angel is up for best show against WKRP in the polls area and is losing

Posted Image

Angel fans cast your votes

Diana

#20 of 3776 OFFLINE   Greg Z

Greg Z