Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Can the center speaker be the same as the rest?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   BobMcN

BobMcN

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted March 19 2003 - 05:44 AM

I've been piecemealing an inexpensive HT system. I picked up 2 pairs of AR 215PS speakers for the fronts and rears. I've been looking for an AR center and was decided on the 2C, but it seems to have been recently discontinued and unavailable anywhere. This seems to be the case for all of the inexpensive AR centers. I can get another set of the AR 215PS speakers and use one for the center front. Would this be better than getting a "real" center (the usual MTM arrangement)? I have a Kenwood VR606 receiver which is 6.1, so I expect that I can use the extra 215PS for a center rear - is this a correct assumption? I have a Parts Express sub to orund out the bottom end. Thanks, Bob

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   ColinM

ColinM

Screenwriter

• 2,057 posts

Posted March 19 2003 - 06:02 AM

That's the way to go - Same speaker in every spot. Have you been to accessories4less.com? Site is down right now, but they carry AR, discontinued as well.
You call that a knife?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users