What's new

Acting with Gimli (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hi Gang!

Well, God has truly blessed me and granted me a small role in a movie with some really great actors. I get to act with John Rhys-Davies (Gimli from Lord of the Rings), Judd Nelson (Breakfast Club) and Alison Eastwood (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil).

I have already done one day of shooting with Judd and Alison (and others) and it was a great day. They were both really friendly and talkative. Judd was especially charismatic and interested in chatting it up about everything from "Jay & Silent Bob" to living with Robert Downey Jr. It was really cool talking to Alison about her dad's upcoming movie and what her brother was up to. For a 12 hour shoot, I sure have lots of great memories already! Tomorrow (Wednesday) I get to act with Mr. Rhys-Davies whom I have really respected as an actor from films like "Indiana Jones" to "Lord of the Rings" and lots of small bits in between. He plays a priest whom I work for. I play a monk who gets killed in a bad way. We already shot the scene where my body is discovered nailed up and really bloody. It was fun!

Anyway, just had to share my good fortune with my HTF buddies. If you have something you want me to ask these fine folks for you, let me know and I will see if I can get an answer.

Later!

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Ask Judd Nelson what the punchline is to the joke he was telling while he was walking through the ceiling in the Breakfast Club.

The joke is:
"A naked blonde walks into a bar with poodle under one arm and a two foot salami under the other. She lays the poodle on the table. The bartender says I suppose you won't be needing a drink. The naked lady says......."

Then he falls through the ceiling and says oh shit :D

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
WTG Scott! Enjoy the experience.:emoji_thumbsup: Keep us up to date and let us know when the movie is coming out. Does it have a title yet?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I play a monk who gets killed in a bad way. We already shot the scene where my body is discovered nailed up and really bloody.
Oi, easy on the spoilers - now you have ruined the suspense :angry: ;)

Must have been fun, I've always hoped that if I was ever in a film I would die a bloody death - just seems like something fun (in a morbid way). :)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Very impressive, Scott; keep us informed.

As for the punchline to the joke, there is none. It was merely a plot device. Might be interesting to run a contest to see who could come up with the best punchline, though.

Jon

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
I heard on the radio this morning there was in a movie being shot in Regina. Didn't expect to see anything about it here. Pretty cool.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
That's great!

Alison Eastwood was in Playboy a few months back. Absolutely gorgeous. She isn't Sandra Locke's daughter is she? The age difference doesn't seem to jive, but the two bear a striking resemblance to each other.

Ralph

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hello again,

Well, my call time today is not until 6:00 PM so I get some free time. Sorry I forgot to mention the title of the movie...it is called "The Lost Angel". It is a murder mystery movie. Cops on the hunt for a serial killer. Sorry if I let out the spoiler that I get killed! Never even thought of that being a spoiler! I won't tell you who the killer is though. You can never pry it out of me!!! :D

I am on the hunt today for a copy of February's Playboy. Alison Eastwood is on the cover. I am going to see if she will sign it for me. It was funny, during my death scene, I am nailed up through my hands (man that hurt!) so I cannot move. Between takes the fake blood was slowly oozing down my forehead and started to itch. Judd noticed that I was uncomfortable and asked what was wrong. When I told them I had an itch, Alison was nice enough to scratch it for me. I thanked her and she jokingly said that she would suck the (fake) blood off my nipples later! Well...good thing I had lots of makeup on since I was blushing like a school-girl. Everyone had a good laugh at that.

The other actor in this that I forgot to mention is C. Thomas Howell from "The Outsiders" and "The Hitcher". I have not met him yet.

I am really looking forward to going back to work. Can you believe that they pay me for this??? LOTS of fun.

Oh...for the techno-wieners out there (like me) I thought it was cool that they are filming this in High-Def rather than on film. Cameras look very similar to 35mm but are a bit smaller.

Anyway, I will try and keep you informed or answer any questions you have. I will ask Judd about that joke and see what he thinks the punch-line is.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thanked her and she jokingly said that she would suck the (fake) blood off my nipples later! Well...good thing I had lots of makeup on since I was blushing like a school-girl.
Good thing other parts of you didn't become, um, excited, as there ain't no make-up to hide that. :wink:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Wow, very cool. Keep up the updates, great hearing about fun experiences like this.

I take it this is going to be a 'direct to video' release?

Sam

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
BTW, tried to look it up on IMDB, they dont have it listed as its own production yet, nor on Davies list of credits. Would be pretty cool to be listed on there. =)

What is your bacon factor at now Scott, have any of them acted directly with Kevin, or are you a 2 or 3 hopper? =)

San

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
It seems wierd and unprofessional to me.
normally i would agree with this.

when i worked at paramount studios i saw famous people every day since i worked on the arsenio hall show several times a week. i never approached them because i thought it would be weird...plus i don't really get star-struck.

however, in this case, we're talking about someone who posed for playboy. i doubt she'll care too much. ;)

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Congratulations, Scott, that's very exciting!

In addition to the punchline, would it be possible for you to ask Judd if he remembers what the button on one of his gloves in The Breakfast Club said? No matter how hard I try, I can never read it. It's visible right after Bender freaks out and jumps up onto the staircase.

Anybody here know?

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

This is purely from memory so I could be wrong, but I remember the button to read:

NOT
SAVED

Then again, I could be remembering some other movie. Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks