Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Alexander Korda's The Four Feathers (R2)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,860 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted March 18 2003 - 08:38 AM

I've just got the R2 version of Alexander Korda's wonderful film THE FOUR FEATHERS (1939) issued by Carlton and the picture quality is superb. The color, in particular, is absolutely glorious. The only extra is the original trailer, which is fascinating in itself and which is also in excellent condition. For only £9.99 or less this is a real bargain.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter

• 1,809 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 03:25 PM

Great! I've been waiting for this film for some time. I thought it would get released in R1 when the Heath Ledger version did but it wasn't.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Derek_McL

Derek_McL

Second Unit

• 316 posts

Posted April 06 2003 - 12:57 AM

Its good to hear the colour in this title is excellent. I was very disappointed with the grain abundant in their version of the Olivier Henry V. I was going to get this title based on its reputation the glorious colour you mention has clinched the deal. There is nothing like glorious early colour!

My New Classic Films Website

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,463 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted April 18 2003 - 07:11 AM

This is great news, the only shame is the lack of extras. The Korda films do, in general, deserve the full bells and whistles releases.

BTW, I've been debating whether to get the Criterion Henry V; anyone got any comments?

---
So many films, so little time...
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...