Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Too much Sunlight, need curtain ideas.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike_Priest

• 4 posts

Posted March 18 2003 - 02:56 AM

Ok.. here's the problem. I have my HT set up in my basement, but I have glassblock windows in the basement. Starting at around 2pm till about 4:30pm everyday the sun shines directly into the room and I have a hard time seeing the picture on my RPTV. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions and/or ideas on how to eleminate this problem? Moving the HT isn't an option. I'm wondering if I should go for a material that will block the sun.. or simply filter the sun. Thanks in advance for any responses. -Mike

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   TimForman

Supporting Actor

• 847 posts

Posted March 18 2003 - 04:11 AM

Hard to say for sure without knowing the dimensions or position of the glassblock window, but, I suppose you could use a roll-up type blind that would be less obtrusive and less expensive than black-out curtains. In a perfect world we would want complete control of all the light in the room. The closer to that ideal the better.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui

• 1,869 posts

Posted March 18 2003 - 02:25 PM

At Home depot, they sell Roll down shades that are made of Blackout material. It is a 3ply vinyl that blocks out like 100% of light and comes in different colors and sizes. My windows is about 6 feet wide and it only cost $30 for a shade that goes from the top to the floor. Mine is blue on the inside, and white on the outside. This was the best cost/performance answer to my window problem.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike_Priest

• 4 posts

Posted March 20 2003 - 01:24 AM

Great.. thanks for the info fellas! I'm going to head up to Home Depot this afternoon.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Tim K

Tim K

Second Unit

• 402 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 03:23 AM

I second the blackout shades from Home Depot...though I opted for the even cheaper plain white roll downs. They probably block about 80% of the light. But I bought a set of nice thick Navy Blue drapes from Ikea and the combination of the shades and drapes blocks about 98% of the light.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Pam W

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 05:18 AM

Places like JC Penney and Sears also carry "blackout" draperies in different sizes. There are many options out there - have fun! Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users