What's new

Too much Sunlight, need curtain ideas. (1 Viewer)

Mike_Priest

Auditioning
Ok.. here's the problem. I have my HT set up in my basement, but I have glassblock windows in the basement. Starting at around 2pm till about 4:30pm everyday the sun shines directly into the room and I have a hard time seeing the picture on my RPTV. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions and/or ideas on how to eleminate this problem? Moving the HT isn't an option. I'm wondering if I should go for a material that will block the sun.. or simply filter the sun. Thanks in advance for any responses.

-Mike

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Hard to say for sure without knowing the dimensions or position of the glassblock window, but, I suppose you could use a roll-up type blind that would be less obtrusive and less expensive than black-out curtains. In a perfect world we would want complete control of all the light in the room. The closer to that ideal the better.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
At Home depot, they sell Roll down shades that are made of Blackout material.

It is a 3ply vinyl that blocks out like 100% of light and comes in different colors and sizes.

My windows is about 6 feet wide and it only cost $30 for a shade that goes from the top to the floor. Mine is blue on the inside, and white on the outside.

This was the best cost/performance answer to my window problem.

Tim K

Second Unit
I second the blackout shades from Home Depot...though I opted for the even cheaper plain white roll downs. They probably block about 80% of the light. But I bought a set of nice thick Navy Blue drapes from Ikea and the combination of the shades and drapes blocks about 98% of the light.

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator
Places like JC Penney and Sears also carry "blackout" draperies in different sizes. There are many options out there - have fun!

Pam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks