Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony Wega blurry areas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian_Pete

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted March 14 2003 - 05:36 AM

I have a 36" Sony Wega (modelKV-36FS13).

My problem is when the screen is completely black, like a sceen switch in a movie or a loading screen in a videogame, you can see certain parts of the screen look blacker than the rest. I can see a darker 2" thick line that runs vertically from the top to the bottom towards the left half of the screen. Also, there are two are more "splotches" on the bottom of the screen.

This would not bother me except whenever there is writing across the entire screen the words seem to get very blurry in these places. I'm sure that it affects the picture at all other times but it does not stand out.

Do any of you guys know what this could be from. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Wesley S

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted March 14 2003 - 10:06 AM

Our 36" Toshiba had a similar problem but it wasn't like these dark spoltches. The bottom portion of the screen was blurry with text. A Tech came out and adjusted the voltage and everything cleared right up.

Hope that leads you in some direction.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   jimbo w

jimbo w

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 03:33 AM

I have the same Sony. I noticed this also. I would recommend calibration as it turns out I had the contrast and bright controls set way too high. When properly calibrated these are not visible on my tv. Jim
"When you have to shoot,shoot. Dont talk"

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Phil G

Phil G

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 06:08 AM

Same problem. About a year ago my Sony Wega XBR-400 just died, the tech came out and replaced the power source and the TV worked again, but, since then, the sides of the screen a blurry, very noticable especially with text. The tech insists it must have been like that all along (it wasn't). Any ideas? Is this fixable? What recourse do I have if the authorized Sony tech refuses to acknowledge this problem?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Andy Kim

Andy Kim

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted March 29 2003 - 01:00 PM

If you do a seach using the keywords "Wega" and "uneven brightness", I think you'll find more information. It almost seems like all Wega's exhibit this some parts of the screen are lighter than others phenom including mine.