What's new

Fries & Toast (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I was reading where some persons in Washington want to change the name of "French Fries" & "French Toast to "Freedom Fries" & "Freedom Toast". How absurd & can you get!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm certainly not the one making a joke out of it. My disdain for this narrow minded move by our Washington politicians is serious. Can we afford to have this sort of thinking become the norm? I think not.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
So are they going to send the Statue of Liberty back? She is the biggest French chick in this country.

KyleS

Screenwriter
If I remember correctly French Fries were actually invented in Belgium and not even in France?

I think that its ridiculous and very narrow minded. :rolleyes

KyleS

LewB

Screenwriter
I would be very upset if those chuckle heads claimed to be representing me. It was a photo op, nothing else. I guess there are no other serious issues to work on in Washington these days
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
How long will this last? I am not going to even post my opinion, I sure don't want to get booted.

Brandon

ps I am also IBTL

David King

Stunt Coordinator
I would be very upset if those chuckle heads claimed to be representing me. It was a photo op, nothing else. I guess there are no other serious issues to work on in Washington these days
Interesting point. The same may be said for the french people also. They may not agree with all of what their representatives have said that lead to this (especially considering the difference of opinon in our country). Something that should have been thought of before the french bashing/banning started. It should be thought of as a joke and nothing more.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Its pathetic and embarrassing. I know not much is expected of our elected officials but can't we at least get some adults into congress instead of pouty children. There's even worse some loon is going to introduce a bill to allow the digging up of the graves of US war dead in Normandy...

http://www.abmc.gov/no5.jpg

IBTL!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
During World War II, hamburgers became "liberty steak" and sauerkraut was "liberty cabbage".
Well, at least we were at war with Germany at the time.
France is one of our allies right now.

This is a stupid and pointless gesture. Like it's gonna make France change its mind.

IBTL! :D

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
There's even worse some loon is going to introduce a bill to allow the digging up of the graves of US war dead in Normandy...
I truly hope not! The thought of this absurd idea going that far is sickening & terrifying. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Part of the French toast legend is that it's named after a tavern owner from Albany, NY named Joseph French.
link

Thus, we should try these two for expressing "unpatriotic" opinions after the new alien and sedition acts pass. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks