What's new

Elizabeth Smart found.....Alive and well ! (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I'll be interested to see if she was willingly traveling with the loser that she was found with.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
You know...I may have prematurely said "well."

It's unclear to me what she has been through and quite possibly a horrible situation so I regret adding that to the thread title, however, the fact that she has been found alive is truly wonderful.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Absolutely fantastic news!!!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Kudos to everyone who facilitated her recovery, and I wish her and her family all the best after their tearfull reunion.

Moe.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
This is amazing...not because she was recently found, but because I have no idea who the hell she is. Never heard of this story before and have absolutely no recollection of this. I need to get out more.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I've never heard of this case, but it's nice to hear she was found. It's rare when these cases end with a good outcome.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
A few months ago the local news reported that several people reported that Elizabeth Smart was living around my area and could be frequently seen jogging along the Burke-Gilman trail. At the time I had two thoughts: 1) This is so implossible that it's almost not worth reporting and
2) why report it on the news before staking out the trail for a few days. I will feel sick if she really was staying nearby and the local media/police blew it.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I'll be interested to see if she was willingly traveling with the loser that she was found with.
She was a 14 year old girl who was kidnapped at gunpoint, yet she'll have to deal with these kinds of "suspicions" (I suppose her younger sister was in on it) from now on.

On top of everything else.

Well? She's not well. She'll never be well again. But she's alive, and that's a great thing.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Good news! Nice to read about a happy outcome in a case like this, for once.

No matter what happened, I hope she and her family can get back to a normal existence.

/Mike

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Let me tell you- this town is on it's ears right now. Couldn't be happier for the Smarts, and for Elizabeth.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Steven Stayner was abducted at the age of 7 and reunited with his family 7 years later. His abductor, Kenneth Parnell, was a convicted child molester. Naturally, the family was devastated by the ordeal and Steven was never the same. I believe he died a few years back in a car accident. It was just a real sad story. There was a made for TV movie made about the case called "I Know My Name is Steven".

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Steven's brother Cary was messed up too. He killed some people a few years back in one of the big National Forests, but I can't remember which one.

Edited to send well wishes to the Smarts, and I hope she wasn't brainwashed or otherwise permanently scarred.

Chris

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
I'm very glad to hear that the poor girl has been found finally. After what happened to some of the others that were abducted I believed she would have the same fate. I've never been so happy to be wrong. Kudos to all who helped bring her home! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks