What's new

Jag And The Sentinel Paramount Poll Page (1 Viewer)

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
I would be curious to see if there's interest out there in us bringing these two TV series to DVD. Please don't just say "Count me in" - I have a hard time believing everybody who writes that, or words to that effect, especially where season box sets are concerned.

Esten

Supporting Actor
The Sentinel is one of the few Paramount TV products that i'd definitely shell out the money for.

One of the other series being MacGyver.

Can't comment on JAG,because i've seen very few episodes.

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
love jag count me in

No seriously Martin, People who know me, know that I'm waiting for JAG for a long time, Love the show, maybe because I have a military Background experience but the show is just cool, I would gladly buy those box sets, and I'm not even a boxset buyer, I do Have all X-files and Sopranos, I'm waiting for JAG, Hogan's Heroes and Seinfeld.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I'm the reverse, having never seen an ep. of The Sentinel but am an avid viewer of JAG. I would buy season sets in a second. I like the way Bellisario shows pay homage to recurring themes and previous episodes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This reply won't be of much help, but I would consider JAG if the price was much lower than the Trek box sets. I haven't watched the show much and would basically be buying the first season on the strength of past Bellisario shows, but I can't do that if it's in the $100 range.

Consider Brady Bunch. ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
TVShowsOnDVD.com ranks JAG as 75th-most-desired overall, with 97% of respondants wanting season sets.

The Sentinel is ranked even higher, at 44th-most-desired! Again, 97% of this show's voters want season sets.

Among other shows: Brady Bunch 137th, Get Smart! (1965) is 60th, MacGyver is 15th, and Police Squad! is 138th. Already-announced Cheers is 21st and Frasier is 83rd.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I would love to see JAG and The Sentinel make it to DVD in season sets, just as long as Police Squad gets there as well.

I'm a big TV season sets buyer and am definitely interested in more TV product. Quite a few people I know love JAG, so I don't think selling well would be a problem for that set. The Sentinel seems to have a similar following. Both would be definite purchases for me, so to cut to the chase, that is my simplest answer.

But like I said, Police Squad! is first and foremost, among my Paramount TV/DVD wants, and I'm sure plenty agree.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I have never seen an episode of the Sentintel, having said this I watched several seasons of Jag when it was first shown, and would buy only if released in season box sets.

Now where is Macgyver ?

:emoji_thumbsup:

Iain Brown

Agent
I would consider buying JAG if released in Season sets as i'm a big fan of the show and military shows. But as others have said it would depend on price.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Martin, I would DEFINITELY purchase The Sentinel on dvd. You might want to also check out the Sentinel bulletin boards on Scifi channels web site. Their are always people asking if the show is coming out on dvd.

If anyone wants a show to come out on dvd just let me know. It seems that everytime I record a show onto dvd it gets announced by the studio(ie-SWAT & possibly The Sentinel). ;) And don't worry Martin. I will still get the studio version of the show. It is uncut, better quality and hopefully will have some extras.

ps-A bit of trivia for the show. The guy who plays Sandburg. His half sister is the singer Fiona Apple. And everytime I see him. I can see the resemblance.

ps-Martin, any chance of Wild Wild West or Mission Impossible(both old and new versions)??

Brian E

Screenwriter
It's hard to give a solid response without knowing a possile price point. I'd buy both series if they were in the MSRP $50-$60 range, but would buy neither if they were in the $100 range. Just getting to be to many sets out there that I want. Sometimes it's hard enough keeping up with the Trek sets and still feeding my other wants.

MacGyver on the other hand I'd consider paying Trek prices for.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I love JAG and would definitely consider buying season boxes if the price were reasonable. Don't know anything about "The Sentinel", sorry.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I would be ALL OVER JAG. I have totally gotten into this show thanks to the USA network and would go for box set seasons. It would be REALLY NICE to final see this show in order since USA skips around and the episodes are somewhat "linked".

I never saw the first episode of Sentinel. I heard it was good but I have no plans of getting this.

Greg

Dorthy

Auditioning
I would love to have The Sentinel on DVD. It's one of the few TV shows I would be willing to buy the entire series of.

SusanLW

Auditioning
I've been waiting for years for The Sentinel on DVD. I would love it in a boxed set. NOW would be good. ;)

Leslie_A

Auditioning
I would definitely buy The Sentinel on DVD. I have only recently caught the episodes on SciFi, but would really love to see the episodes as they originally aired (or even better uncut/director's cut).

Also, if anyone out there has any pull, I'd love to see the TV show, The Magnificent Seven, on DVD.

Leslie

BeckyLB

Auditioning
I'd love to see (and purchase!) both The Sentinel and JAG on DVD. Please price them reasonably, however; maybe $60-70. Most of the DVD sets I own for other shows are around that price. The Star Trek sets (which I would love to get) are just a little too far out of my budget.

Becky

Judy Zuria

Auditioning
I've never watched JAG, but I'm familiar with The Sentinel, and would welcome the issuance of all four seasons of this vastly underrated show. Would be a sound business decision for Paramount - from checking out the 'Net, it appears its worldwide following is rather impressive.

Judy in Texas :emoji_thumbsup:

Jamie Ritchey

Auditioning
THE SENTINEL is my all time favorite TV show and I would love to have all 4 seasons on DVD, the original uncut versions, not the pared down SciFi showings. I only recently became interested in owning DVD's of TV shows as I usually tape the ones I really like, but the visual quality of DVD's is so much better that I'm willing to spend money for the upgrade in viewing satisfaction. I bought tapes of Highlander, the series, and am replacing them with DVD's as they become available.
I like JAG, but it's not something I want to watch over and over, like THE SENTINEL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks