Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jag And The Sentinel Paramount Poll Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
335 replies to this topic

#1 of 336 OFFLINE   Martin Blythe

Martin Blythe

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 11:46 AM

I would be curious to see if there's interest out there in us bringing these two TV series to DVD. Please don't just say "Count me in" - I have a hard time believing everybody who writes that, or words to that effect, especially where season box sets are concerned.

#2 of 336 OFFLINE   Esten

Esten

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 01:20 PM

The Sentinel is one of the few Paramount TV products that i'd definitely shell out the money for.

One of the other series being MacGyver.

Can't comment on JAG,because i've seen very few episodes.

#3 of 336 OFFLINE   MarcinL

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator

• 118 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 01:44 PM

love jag count me in

No seriously Martin, People who know me, know that I'm waiting for JAG for a long time, Love the show, maybe because I have a military Background experience but the show is just cool, I would gladly buy those box sets, and I'm not even a boxset buyer, I do Have all X-files and Sopranos, I'm waiting for JAG, Hogan's Heroes and Seinfeld.

#4 of 336 OFFLINE   Nathan*W

Nathan*W

Screenwriter

• 1,069 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 01:48 PM

I'm the reverse, having never seen an ep. of The Sentinel but am an avid viewer of JAG. I would buy season sets in a second. I like the way Bellisario shows pay homage to recurring themes and previous episodes.

#5 of 336 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,901 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 10 2003 - 01:56 PM

This reply won't be of much help, but I would consider JAG if the price was much lower than the Trek box sets. I haven't watched the show much and would basically be buying the first season on the strength of past Bellisario shows, but I can't do that if it's in the $100 range.

Consider Brady Bunch. Posted Image

#6 of 336 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 02:27 PM

TVShowsOnDVD.com ranks JAG as 75th-most-desired overall, with 97% of respondants wanting season sets.

The Sentinel is ranked even higher, at 44th-most-desired! Again, 97% of this show's voters want season sets.

Among other shows: Brady Bunch 137th, Get Smart! (1965) is 60th, MacGyver is 15th, and Police Squad! is 138th. Already-announced Cheers is 21st and Frasier is 83rd.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 336 OFFLINE   Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor

• 809 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 07:09 PM

I would love to see JAG and The Sentinel make it to DVD in season sets, just as long as Police Squad gets there as well.

I'm a big TV season sets buyer and am definitely interested in more TV product. Quite a few people I know love JAG, so I don't think selling well would be a problem for that set. The Sentinel seems to have a similar following. Both would be definite purchases for me, so to cut to the chase, that is my simplest answer.

But like I said, Police Squad! is first and foremost, among my Paramount TV/DVD wants, and I'm sure plenty agree.

"My advice to young film-makers is this: Don't follow trends. Start them!" -- Frank Capra

#8 of 336 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 08:16 PM

I have never seen an episode of the Sentintel, having said this I watched several seasons of Jag when it was first shown, and would buy only if released in season box sets.

Now where is Macgyver ?

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#9 of 336 OFFLINE   Iain Brown

Iain Brown

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted March 10 2003 - 08:41 PM

I would consider buying JAG if released in Season sets as i'm a big fan of the show and military shows. But as others have said it would depend on price.

#10 of 336 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 01:30 AM

Martin, I would DEFINITELY purchase The Sentinel on dvd. You might want to also check out the Sentinel bulletin boards on Scifi channels web site. Their are always people asking if the show is coming out on dvd.

If anyone wants a show to come out on dvd just let me know. It seems that everytime I record a show onto dvd it gets announced by the studio(ie-SWAT & possibly The Sentinel). Posted Image And don't worry Martin. I will still get the studio version of the show. It is uncut, better quality and hopefully will have some extras.

ps-A bit of trivia for the show. The guy who plays Sandburg. His half sister is the singer Fiona Apple. And everytime I see him. I can see the resemblance.

ps-Martin, any chance of Wild Wild West or Mission Impossible(both old and new versions)??
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#11 of 336 OFFLINE   Brian E

Brian E

Screenwriter

• 1,636 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 06:17 AM

It's hard to give a solid response without knowing a possile price point. I'd buy both series if they were in the MSRP $50-$60 range, but would buy neither if they were in the $100 range. Just getting to be to many sets out there that I want. Sometimes it's hard enough keeping up with the Trek sets and still feeding my other wants.

MacGyver on the other hand I'd consider paying Trek prices for.
~Brian

#12 of 336 OFFLINE   Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 06:53 AM

I love JAG and would definitely consider buying season boxes if the price were reasonable. Don't know anything about "The Sentinel", sorry.
Scott Barnhart

#13 of 336 OFFLINE   Greg S

Greg S

Supporting Actor

• 991 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 07:12 AM

I would be ALL OVER JAG. I have totally gotten into this show thanks to the USA network and would go for box set seasons. It would be REALLY NICE to final see this show in order since USA skips around and the episodes are somewhat "linked".

I never saw the first episode of Sentinel. I heard it was good but I have no plans of getting this.

Greg

#14 of 336 OFFLINE   Dorthy

Dorthy

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 07:21 AM

I would love to have The Sentinel on DVD. It's one of the few TV shows I would be willing to buy the entire series of.

#15 of 336 OFFLINE   SusanLW

SusanLW

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 07:22 AM

I've been waiting for years for The Sentinel on DVD. I would love it in a boxed set. NOW would be good. Posted Image

#16 of 336 OFFLINE   Leslie_A

Leslie_A

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 07:35 AM

I would definitely buy The Sentinel on DVD. I have only recently caught the episodes on SciFi, but would really love to see the episodes as they originally aired (or even better uncut/director's cut).

Also, if anyone out there has any pull, I'd love to see the TV show, The Magnificent Seven, on DVD.

Leslie

#17 of 336 OFFLINE   BeckyLB

BeckyLB

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 07:49 AM

I'd love to see (and purchase!) both The Sentinel and JAG on DVD. Please price them reasonably, however; maybe $60-70. Most of the DVD sets I own for other shows are around that price. The Star Trek sets (which I would love to get) are just a little too far out of my budget.

Becky

#18 of 336 OFFLINE   Judy Zuria

Judy Zuria

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 08:04 AM

I've never watched JAG, but I'm familiar with The Sentinel, and would welcome the issuance of all four seasons of this vastly underrated show. Would be a sound business decision for Paramount - from checking out the 'Net, it appears its worldwide following is rather impressive.

Judy in Texas Posted Image

#19 of 336 OFFLINE   Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 08:18 AM

Either one would be great, but I'd personally want JAG before The Sentinel.

#20 of 336 OFFLINE   Jamie Ritchey

Jamie Ritchey

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 11 2003 - 08:26 AM

THE SENTINEL is my all time favorite TV show and I would love to have all 4 seasons on DVD, the original uncut versions, not the pared down SciFi showings. I only recently became interested in owning DVD's of TV shows as I usually tape the ones I really like, but the visual quality of DVD's is so much better that I'm willing to spend money for the upgrade in viewing satisfaction. I bought tapes of Highlander, the series, and am replacing them with DVD's as they become available.
I like JAG, but it's not something I want to watch over and over, like THE SENTINEL