What's new

Who is going to have the ESPN HD feed? (1 Viewer)

John Sully

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know? I'm waiting for the announcement so I can decide which sat service to buy.

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
So far only dish network has been confirmed.
Time Warner is supposed to have an announcement at the end of this month. Comcast and DirectTV are "in negotiations"

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dishnetwork has not confirmed that they will carry ESPN-HD. Everyone was hoping that would be announced on Charlie's monthly chat last night and it did not happen. You can find some details here.

-Robert

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Great thread, Robert, thanks for the link. It's been a while since I've visited the lads at AVS, and they have a lot of information in that thread. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon.Dickinson

Auditioning
I was at the Angels game last night and ESPN had an ESPN-HD pavilion with 5 to 6 42" plasmas. IT LOOKED AWSOME!!!

Time Warner has replied to my emails and basically said that they are going to carry ESPN-HD, it's just a matter of time when they start. I guess they are still in negotiations.

jd

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
I called Time Warner here in NY this morning and the representative told me they hope to have ESPN HD (along with MSG, Discovery, UPN 9 and a few others) by May - which probably means by June!!

At least they know the new channel exists!!

Pete

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
Phil,

I didn't ask. To be honest, all I cared about was ESPN HD and they gave me the info on MSG (which I didn't know was broadcasting in HD), Discovery and UPN.

Sorry I couldn't help out more - I'll probably call back in a few weeks to get a status report - I will definitely ask about HDnet.

Pete

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, surprised us Vegans got it, just after I spoke with Cox about receiving any new HD channels in the near future., in which I got a "NO!" reply

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks