What's new

Out of nowhere Xbox Live update...? (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Started logging into 'Live through the dashboard, just to see if any friends were online, and before I could I was taken to the Xbox Live updater screen. It took about 20 seconds and downloaded...something; I guess.

I have no idea what.

Any of you guys ever experience this kind of thing?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
There hasn't been any official word on it, but I've heard it was just to add the European countries into the dashboard. Seems plausible.

James St

Supporting Actor
I noticed the bandwidth test has added some fields and increased the number of packets. Also the XBL intro screen is now 4:3 with black bars on the side on my widescreen.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I noticed the bandwidth test has added some fields and increased the number of packets.
Me too. I don't know if it makes an actual difference in the DL or UL speeds for my connection, but my numbers sure are a lot higher, I guess due to the number of packets.

James St

Supporting Actor
numbers sure are a lot higher
Yeah mine are showing 9700 up and 6600 down with a latency in the high 90's. Through DSL Reports I'm getting 1800 down and 280 up on a consistent basis via PC. The XBL test is probably much smaller and more simplistic in determining the quality of your connection. I'll stick with my PC numbers.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
They increased the number of packets a couple of weeks ago. i haven't done the update today yet.
they never seem to give an official word on any of these things however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks