What's new

***The Official Omnibus Consolidated IS WARNER ABANDONING SNAPPER CASES? Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If it does go, it will be too bad. Not because of the cardboard covers which I don't care for, but because the hub design is one of, if not the best, that I have seen in any of these cases. The disc is held securely but still releases easily resulting in little stress on the disc. The same cannot be said for a lot of the other hub designs.

Bryant Frazer

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if Warner Home Video's existing contracts with WAMO/Ivy Hill will go along with the company itself -- and if they specify that the snapper case is to be used exclusively for some number of years.

-bf-

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Yay!

Now a lot of people will stop bitching about them! :D

And I supposed they would re-issue their snapper titles with any new pressing. Kino and Image do this with their DVDs.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I can't even imagine a Warner DVD without a snapper. It seemed natural for New Line to go to amaray but it'll take some adjusting. But we don't know for sure if they're going to stop snappers though so nothing's set in stone.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Now if Warner would just start actually issuing some of its movies on DVD all would be right with the world.....

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
There is discussion about selling those divisions but no final decision. I would suspect that when and if Ivy Hill is sold (probably to similiar company) part of the agreement will be a long term contract to continue to supply WB with snappers. Art directors love the snapper and its' variations. They don't like the Amray-styled plastic box (it is ugly you know).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As Peter said, the company would have no value if it's biggest client suddenly stopped buying the product. I'd imagine if WB is seeking to sell-off the snapper company, that they'll be using snappers for a long time to come.

And there will still be financial benefits to be realized if WB can get a good price on the snappers and not have to pay all the overhead to manufacture them.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Quality, not quantity.
The two are not mutually exclusive. Warner needs to hire more than two people to actually work on getting DVDs developed and put onto the market. At the rate Warner's going, we'll see the interesting things in the RKO catalog on DVD in the year 2247. And I fear my eyes may not be up to the task by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks