What's new

What kind of Amp should I buy to run my Studio 60's ? (1 Viewer)

I have a marantz 7200 and am running my studio 60's with it but I feel I could get an even better sound if I added an amp. I would love some suggestions. Thank you

Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Rotel 1080 (2x200 watts) driving Studio 60s and it does an awsome job although it might be a bit overkill for these speakers.

Any other suggestions from everyone? I would like a list of units that I should/could look at that would fit nicely into what I already have going. I don't want or need overkill nor do I want something that does not fully utilize my complets system.
Marantz 7200 receiver
Marantz 67SEII CD Player
Samsung DVD
Sony 36XBR Wega
Paradigm-Reference Series: Studio 60
Kef Surround and Center

I need something to push and fully utilize my Paradigms.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Tom,

I've had good success with the Studio 100's, 40's, 20 using Sherbourn and a Modial/Aragon 8002/2 channel. It really depends here what you want to do.

Do you want a straight 2 channel amp or are you looking for a 5 channel? It appears you want to run a straight 2 channel, but if you are smart, you may be able to pick up a 5 channel for the same amount of money on the used market and perhaps bi-amp those 60's or in the future, utilize the extra channels for home theater. The most popular amps are Rotel, Parasound, Sherbourn used with Paradigm that come to mind. There are others of course.

I've done something similar with a high end Sony and just used the receiver as a pre-pro and used external amps for power. I started with the Aragaon (125 X 2) and then moved to a 5 channel and eventually bought an SSP and eliminated the receiver.

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Tom
I use IRD MB-100'S to power my studio 60's. I think they sound great.Here is a link to Link Removed in case your interested.I have no interest in this company other than being a satisfied customer. good luck.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
I've used a Rotel 1075 with these speakers and its a great match. Also had the speakers bi-amped using the 1075 for a while so they can easily handle 2-300 watts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks