-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

HK520 and 6.1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 GaryMil

GaryMil

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 11:59 PM

I'm considering setting up a rear center. I was thinking of reassinging one of the internal amps to power it. Now I know the HK520 is setup to run 7.1, but my wife is already freaking out about another speaker in the family room. So would it be safe to assume that if I just hook up one more speaker then I would get the full effect of DTS-EX? How about Logic 7?
Home Theater Consists of: B&W CDM7se(main), CDMCse(center),B&W Rock Solids(rear), SVS 25-31PCI, Sherbourn 5/1500A amp, HK 520(used as a preamp), Proscan 36" 36700, JVC DVD XV-FA95GD.

Secondary Home Theater (kids playroom)consists of: Denon 2801, CheapSh*t yamaha speakers from bestbuy w/subwoofer,...

#2 of 2 Doug Brewster

Doug Brewster

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted March 09 2003 - 06:34 PM

"So would it be safe to assume that if I just hook up one more speaker then I would get the full effect of DTS-EX?"

No. It is a different decoding system.

How about Logic 7?

No, again. You need the two rear channels for the "7" of Logic7, but it'll run as 5.1.

I suggest you:

1) Work things out with your wife (she's been willing to go this far).Posted Image

2) Live with 5.1 (which you're never going to do. Besides that, you're going to be drooling for EX).Posted Image

3) Upgrade - risking a divorce.Posted Image
Turn It UP!