Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Game Boy Advance SP on 3/23? On a Sunday?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 10:22 AM

Let me start off by saying that I am not a video game fanatic. However, I have pre-ordered a Game Boy Advance SP on the web. This unit is supposed to hit the streets on March 23rd, which happens to be a Sunday. Is it reasonable to expect this unit to be available on a Sunday? I am used to new DVDs and CDs hitting stores on Tuesdays. Do video game systems hit the stores on Sundays? It just seems odd to me for some reason.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#2 of 10 BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 10:23 AM

Nintendo have a habit of picking strange days for their system releases. A Sunday release wouldn't suprise me too much.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#3 of 10 Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 10:34 AM

EB is taking back original GBAs for $40 off an SP. My roomate recently turned his in for a Platinum pre-order, but was told that they were only pre-ordering Cobalt from here on out.

Glad I wanted Blue! Posted Image

#4 of 10 Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

• 840 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 10:49 AM

Nintendo released the GameCube on November 18, 2001, which was a Sunday, IIRC, and I believe the release date for the first GBA was June 11, 2001, also a Sunday, again, IIRC.

#5 of 10 Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 04:27 PM

Ya, they've been doing Sunday releases for some reason.

#6 of 10 Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 06:49 PM

It's so they don't miss the part of their audience that still needs to go to school... that way they can play with their games all day long on release day! Posted Image

#7 of 10 Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 07:29 PM

Amazon lists the release as the 25th instead.
My Collection
Webmaster, The iPod Store (currently under construction) & The iPod mini Store
My Home Theater Page

#8 of 10 Andre F

Andre F

Screenwriter

• 1,492 posts

Posted March 08 2003 - 07:32 PM

I can't wait, only a few more weeks...
-Andre F

-= Impossibility is a concept created by those unwilling to try... =-

My Home Theater

#9 of 10 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted March 09 2003 - 10:30 AM

Thanks all.

Cameron said:

Quote:
EB is taking back original GBAs for $40 off an SP.

Wow, I am surprised they are giving that much of a credit for them. That shows the sort of mark-up there is on the SP. I guess they are confident that they will be able to sell the older Advance units as well. I guess there is a good market for used Advance units. Interesting. Of course, if they didn't sell a single used Advance unit, they would probably do just fine selling the SP even with the $40 credit. They should sell more SPs by offering the credit. Smart business move. Posted Image

Brian said:

Quote:
Amazon lists the release as the 25th instead.

Now that's a Tuesday! Posted Image
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#10 of 10 Andy Kramer

Andy Kramer

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted March 09 2003 - 03:47 PM

EB says that they are shipping on the 22nd, so that means they will have it on Sunday. They even said that they are sold out of the Platinums for the 1st shippment... looks to be the "hot" system to get your hands on. Fortunate for me i already have my GBA: SP and i love it. They did a wonderful job with it, the light is awesome! it lights the whole screen, and the buttons and everything are great! Looks like an easy winner! So Sunday it is!
" Pool on the roof must have a leak"

Forum Nav Content I Follow