What's new

Game Boy Advance SP on 3/23? On a Sunday? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Let me start off by saying that I am not a video game fanatic. However, I have pre-ordered a Game Boy Advance SP on the web. This unit is supposed to hit the streets on March 23rd, which happens to be a Sunday. Is it reasonable to expect this unit to be available on a Sunday? I am used to new DVDs and CDs hitting stores on Tuesdays. Do video game systems hit the stores on Sundays? It just seems odd to me for some reason.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Nintendo have a habit of picking strange days for their system releases. A Sunday release wouldn't suprise me too much.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
EB is taking back original GBAs for $40 off an SP. My roomate recently turned his in for a Platinum pre-order, but was told that they were only pre-ordering Cobalt from here on out.

Glad I wanted Blue! :)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Nintendo released the GameCube on November 18, 2001, which was a Sunday, IIRC, and I believe the release date for the first GBA was June 11, 2001, also a Sunday, again, IIRC.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It's so they don't miss the part of their audience that still needs to go to school... that way they can play with their games all day long on release day! :D

Andy Kramer

Agent
EB says that they are shipping on the 22nd, so that means they will have it on Sunday. They even said that they are sold out of the Platinums for the 1st shippment... looks to be the "hot" system to get your hands on. Fortunate for me i already have my GBA: SP and i love it. They did a wonderful job with it, the light is awesome! it lights the whole screen, and the buttons and everything are great! Looks like an easy winner! So Sunday it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks