What's new

PS2: Multiregion - movies & games? (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
If I can play multiregion movies on a PS2, would I also be able to play games from different regions?
Are games released everywhere at the same time in different regions?
Would the remote also work in different player versions (US/Oz)?
thanks.
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
There are two sets of region protections in the PS2 unfortunately - DVD & games. They're seperate - there are solutions available for DVD, but not for game protection.
So, a multiregion DVD PS2 will not necessarily play foreign games.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
And for the most part, games are released in different regions at different times, and some games are not released everywhere.
------------------

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
DO NOT trust the chips that claim to mod PS2 for game playing. that are out there right now. They do NOT work properly, and I've heard of systems frying because of them.
Sony may actually have come up with a system that works this time. I just wish that they'd be able to make some games Region 0, stuff that will never make it out of Japan could be played on all systems that way
Jeff Kleist

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Sony may actually have come up with a system that works this time. I just wish that they'd be able to make some games Region 0, stuff that will never make it out of Japan could be played on all systems that way
Sucks, doesn't it? I'd really like to get a legal multi-region PS2, not for playing copies (which I have *zero* interest in) but for legal imports. Sigh. Oh well, wait a little longer I guess.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks