Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

PS2: Multiregion - movies & games?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted September 27 2001 - 03:05 PM

If I can play multiregion movies on a PS2, would I also be able to play games from different regions?

Are games released everywhere at the same time in different regions?

Would the remote also work in different player versions (US/Oz)?

thanks.

------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted September 27 2001 - 03:17 PM

There are two sets of region protections in the PS2 unfortunately - DVD & games. They're seperate - there are solutions available for DVD, but not for game protection.

So, a multiregion DVD PS2 will not necessarily play foreign games.

------------------
Nothing In Particular
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted September 27 2001 - 03:24 PM

And for the most part, games are released in different regions at different times, and some games are not released everywhere. ------------------

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted September 27 2001 - 05:53 PM

DO NOT trust the chips that claim to mod PS2 for game playing. that are out there right now. They do NOT work properly, and I've heard of systems frying because of them. Sony may actually have come up with a system that works this time. I just wish that they'd be able to make some games Region 0, stuff that will never make it out of Japan could be played on all systems that way Jeff Kleist

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted September 27 2001 - 06:20 PM

[quote]

Sony may actually have come up with a system that works this time. I just wish that they'd be able to make some games Region 0, stuff that will never make it out of Japan could be played on all systems that way

[quote]

Sucks, doesn't it? I'd really like to get a legal multi-region PS2, not for playing copies (which I have *zero* interest in) but for legal imports. Sigh. Oh well, wait a little longer I guess.

------------------
Nothing In Particular
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users