What's new

Fans of 'ALIEN' and 'PREDATOR' rejoice! McFarlane's Movie Maniacs 6! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
After reading the rather startling and incredibly tantalizing news from our own Rob Lutter regarding an upcoming 18" Predator figure from Todd McFarlane, I scoured the net looking for anything I could find on the subject and could sadly find nothing about an 18" figure.

I did however find out about series 6 of the Movie Maniacs line which I didn't know about previously, I haven't really been looking around lately for figure news, so this is the first i've heard of it. Welp, I damn near dropped a gold brick in my shorts when I learned that MM6 will be entirely dedicated to Alien and Predator!!! :eek: Including not one, but TWO Predator figures that will be interchangable with each other! Finally, there will be a Predator figure available featuring the face mask, i've been waiting a long time for one. If that isn't enough, a box set will come out later featuring none other than the Queen Alien herself!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

My only gripe is that both Predator's will be sculpted after the Predator in 'Predator 2' rather than the original creature which I feel had more personality to it's features than the one in the sequel, but that's cool.

Apologies if this is old news to you guys, but you just don't know how big a fan I am of the Predator, I freaked when I learned of this and just thought i'd share.

Release date is March/April, i'm all over this!! I'm so looking foreward to setting up an entire Alien vs Predator battlefield on my toy shelf! :) Funny, I don't FEEL 30! :D

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Have you seen the current box set of Aliens vs. Predator? Its from McFarlane also and the Predator is based on the look from the first movie. Unfortunately he doesn't have a mask :frowning: Still looks cool though. Should be able to find it at Gamestop or similar stores. Enjoy!

Luis S

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Way ahead of you Luis, i've had that set for about three weeks now. :)

Rob Lutter,
can you give anymore details about that 18" figure? I couldn't find a thing on it. I saw the one in your sig but it looks like the 7" edition to me and none of the sites I visited mentioned it.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It was a prototype model for this year's 18" figure... from what I gathered, they weren't entirely sure that they were doing it yet. The entire line looks very nice and includes MY favorite Alien... the Dog Alien :D

I just hope this baby doesn't go the way for the AWESOME 18" Terminator. If it makes me feel better, word on the stret is that the T-800 Exoskeleton is going to be in the 18" line pretty soon (either this or next year)
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Rob,
it's official, your my go-to guy for figure news dude, I had no idea of the 18" Endoskeleton either until just now! :eek:

My hope is that they'll redo the prototype 18" Predator to look like the one in the Alien vs Predator set, it's a virtual replica of the creature from the original film, I just catch myself staring at it from time to time in amazment. :b

My interest in figures has been renewd this past week, I stopped for awhile, but with all this incredibly cool stuff coming, i'm back.

Thanks Rob. :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
A little bit off topic:

I hate this slow announcement and figure rollout that he is doing now. Also where are my damn Tortured Souls Series 3 and Series 2 of the 12" Tortured Souls! And don't get me started on the fact that he doesn't have a 18" of Jason out yet.

PS - The 18" Predator will be mine!

Also I totally love the Soul Calibur 2 figures and will get them all.

But I think the real winner so far in this years line up is the Twisted Land of Oz figures.....that Dorthy figure is just to AWESOME!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Also I almost wonder if he is focusing too much on his quickly expanding sports figures....and thus forgetting about what those who have followed him for years want.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
I dont know, Im pretty disapointed by the Soul Caliber figs. The characters with the exception of Ivy are eh, and the fact that they are only 4" is kind of a bummer :frowning:

As for 18" figs, Rob, you sure those werent just the 2-ups they usually display at conventions? Just wondering ;)

Also have you guys heard about the new Neo figure that somone may have stumbled upon? Besides the one doing the cartwheel someone found an image of one based on Neo running in the lobby blasting with those small sub-machine guns.Ill post the link if I can find it.

And I must also voice my love for twisted OZ :D That set is a MUST buy! Ill pass on T3 and Predator though.Heres my shopping list:

Oz (Just to damn cool to pass up on!)
Alien queen box set (love the diorama!)
Neo&Trinity (maybe)
Aliens vs. Predator box ( I know, I know, If I wait any longer Ill be SOL :) )

And other figs from He-Man,maybe some of the newer joes we'll see.

So what are you guys getting? :D

Luis S

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Luis,
I read that Mcfarlane is releasing an entire line of figures for The Matrix which I can't wait to see! :eek:

I've never really been interested in any figures besides the MM series, I don't know, there are just too many series to keep up with I guess. I will be getting MM6 and the Alien Queen set.

Oh BTW, I read that MGM has turned down Mcfarlane for a Creeper figure from Jeepers Creepers, that really sucks, he was so cool looking too. :frowning:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Hum hu HUMMY h Huuum, I c aa nt n na gee...

(Shakes head rapidly)

Thanks Luis, I WAS wearing clean underwear! ;)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go pass out now.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else collect the entire 18" line thus far? It is really the only series I collect religiously from McFarlane... heck, I had to do backflips to find that f'n 18" Michael Myers from Halloween (found it about 4 months ago in a comic shop after looking FOREVER). It should also be mentioned that IF there is a 18" Jason, most-likely it will be Uber-Jason from Jason X. I would rather have a regular Jason myself so I can have Jason vs. Freddy (who is still the coolest 18"MM)

The Matrix figures shall all be mine though... those are sweeeet.

On non-McFarlane topics... I almost had to strangle the Palisades representative at MEGACON (here in Orlando) when he mentioned that they have already planned through series 10 of the Muppets! :D :angry: Even more exciting is that they are going to start releasing figures from the Muppet movies in the next few series!

Damn this hobby... damn it to hell! Needless to say, I am going to have to build some new shelving units this summer in my room at home ;) :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Uber Jason's cool and all, but if Todd's going to do an 18" edition he really should go with classic Jason like the 7" version from MM series 1, that figure kicks ass. Besides i've always thought that Uber Jason looked like a villian from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Rob,

I have all the 18" figures except Edward Scissorhands and it's by choice. It looks great but i've never been a big fan of that charactor, I find him creepy and disturbing to look at.

Now, I have to go dust off my 18" Freddy Krueger who looms threateningly over my bed while I sleep. :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Jez, talk about a blast from the past :) Yeah, I saw the Predator 12" on the shelf of EB the other day... nice, but an 18" figure would have been even better.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Ugh, I don't like that Alien figure, it looks too humanoid for my tastes. It looks like a suit of armor rather than a natural exoskeleton.

The Predator is tight, though.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wow, my old thread ressurected! ;)

I just about shit when I saw the 12" Predator at my local Spencers Gifts, I snatched it up so fast my hand practically produced a sonic boom! It's now the crowning jewel in my collection. I even made a paint mixture of green, white and yellow to make 'Predator blood' and gave him some battle wounds. It really brought it to life!

What irritates me to no end though, is how difficult it is to find the 12" Stealth edition Predator! :frowning: None of the exclusive stores are even remotely near me!

I also picked up Reel Toys 18" Crow figure, it impressed me enough to venture outside of Todd's work! He's got some competition, folks.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that Crow figure is QUALITY. If I were a bigger fan of the character, I'd pick it up. Hopefully Todd makes some more 18" figures soon... I'd really like to get the Predator figure, but he'd look like a midget in my 18" collection... heheh

GordonL

Supporting Actor
What irritates me to no end though, is how difficult it is to find the 12" Stealth edition Predator! None of the exclusive stores are even remotely near me!
If there is no MediaPlay, Suncoast, or Sam Goody near you, you might try Ebay. Couple weeks ago, they were fetching $100+ on Ebay. It seems like most of the stores have gotten their supply in and people are snatching them up for Ebay. It's now settled down into the $40-50 range. Not sure how many of the Stealth figures were made, but it's not likely to be as rare as the 6" Stealth Predator, which can still fetch $100+ on Ebay.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Gordon,
thanks for the heads up. :emoji_thumbsup: That had crossed my mind, but I knew it would be expensive going that route.

Rob,
I believe that Todd has discontinued the 18" series because they're so expensive to produce, you may want to check into that though. As for the 12" figures, i'm actually starting to like them a tad better than the 18" figures! They retain all of the detail and quality and they're not as large and cumbersome, in short, they're the perfect size and perfect quality IMO.

Of course, having said that, i'd still give up BOTH of my kidneys for an 18" Predator! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks