Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I need advice for a $2000 TV Budget

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Mike Bonfiglio

Mike Bonfiglio

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted March 06 2003 - 08:03 AM

It's bonus check time, and I've decided I want to get a new TV. I was hoping some of my questions could be answered, and some advice given on where I can best use the $2000. I don't watch any TV. I only use the TV for watching DVD's and playing video games. 16:9 is very important to me. Upon looking around I found a few used Plasma TV's or LCD TV's for around $2000 at 42 inches. My question about this is how safe is it to buy these kind of things used. I have read that the Plasma screen's cells can burn out and there's no fixing them without a new screen, is a used tv likely to be of poor quality? So the question is should I go with rear projection or used plasma or lcd. It wouldn't be possible to set up a front projection system. For the forseable future I don't think I will be farther away from the TV than 10 feet, so I guess 40-50 inch would do. Feel free to give any model recommendations, the plasma screen I saw was a view sonic, and the LCD was a zenith. Also, if I really don't watch TV does HDTV matter to me? Thanks in advance for the advice.