What's new

Gangs of New York in July!! (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I can't wait for this DVD, as it was my favorite film from last year.

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/03_05.html

Any word on extras? I know that there is well over an hour of deleted footage and that Scorcese said that the movie will not be recut for DVD, but I sure hope that the majority of this footage makes it to the DVD. If they give me that, and a couple of commentaries, I would be ecstatic.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I absolutely loved Gangs of New York when I saw it in the theater and can hardly wait to get the DVD. I am not bothered by the release being pushed back though because hopefully they'll have more time for good suppliments!
:)

Gregory

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I saw this post at DVD File and then I saw the August push back..damnit. But it's all good as it's only a month, I can live with that. Scorcese said earlier that there would not be a director's cut saying that the film IS the director's cut. They will have to make this a 2 disc set since the running time...oh no maybe a future Vista Series release? Regardless I'll stll pick this up no matter what.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This is a mist own for me, now if we could only get some specs on that much rumored Scorsese box set...

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I missed this at the theaters so this'll be one of those rare blind-buys for me.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The delay until August (at the earliest) could be a good sign of a special edition. Hopefully Scorsese will include the deleted scenes, but not in a new cut of the film.

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait for this DVD, because i just want to see Daniel Day Lewis' performance again...everything else was eh, ok

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait for this one, too! One can only hope that this extra time allows Disney to prepare a Vista Series edition! But there will have two VS editions released by that time, Signs and Roger Rabbit. If I recall correctly, they only release two VS DVDs each year.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
who ever said that disney only releases 2 vista series each year is not true. Sixth Sense, Tombstone, and Unbreakable were all released in the same year. I think Pearl Harbor Vista Series was in that same year too. I don't know though.

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
My god, that oscar box is TOO HUGE. I hate when they tell me how good the movie is. It ruins the cover art.

Daniel Day Lewis was the best acting I have seen in a long time! What other films has he done? He's got my vote for best supporting actor (I didn't think Paul Newman was that great, Daniel total blew Paul away)

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
Well, he was phenomenal in "My Left Foot". Other notable performances: "The Last Of The Mohicans", "The Boxer", Scorsese's "The Age Of Innocence" and "In The Name Of The Father".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks