What's new

Paradigm Studio 100's vs. version 2 and NHT 2.9 (1 Viewer)

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,
I currently have Paradigm studio 100's and I've been looking around at some other speakers, and wondered if anyone has done a direct comparison between the version 1 and 2? Also, has anyone directly compared the Paradigms to the NHT 2.9? I go to listen to the NHT's in a week or so, just curious what the consensus is, accuracy, detail, ease at high volumes and low fatigue are all important, I'll probably be driving either with a Parasound HCA-1500A or -maybe- an ACURUS A200. Thanks!
Chris

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
I can't speak to the Paradigm's; though from what I have read they are excellent speakers.
As for the NHT 2.9's, I have listened to them. They are as powerful, yet neutral, as the entire NHT line - it is their signature sound, IMHO. I listened to them and their cousins the 3.3's both with an Aragon (high-end amp by Mondial, the makers of the Acurus line) and a Parasound driving them.
They sang on both. I found the sound of the Parasound a better match, solely for the sweetness it adds to the sound; because of their neutrality, NHTs can reveal what your amps do to the sound, and pairing them with a bright amp really adds to the fatigue factor.
That being said, I spent literally hours listening to the 3.3s paired with the Aragon. I still wish I had had the money - and the room - to purchase them; they are SO entrancing...
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks