Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paradigm Studio 100's vs. version 2 and NHT 2.9

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Chris Popovich

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted September 28 2001 - 07:37 PM

Hey guys, I currently have Paradigm studio 100's and I've been looking around at some other speakers, and wondered if anyone has done a direct comparison between the version 1 and 2? Also, has anyone directly compared the Paradigms to the NHT 2.9? I go to listen to the NHT's in a week or so, just curious what the consensus is, accuracy, detail, ease at high volumes and low fatigue are all important, I'll probably be driving either with a Parasound HCA-1500A or -maybe- an ACURUS A200. Thanks! Chris

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor

• 806 posts

Posted September 29 2001 - 02:53 PM

I can't speak to the Paradigm's; though from what I have read they are excellent speakers. As for the NHT 2.9's, I have listened to them. They are as powerful, yet neutral, as the entire NHT line - it is their signature sound, IMHO. I listened to them and their cousins the 3.3's both with an Aragon (high-end amp by Mondial, the makers of the Acurus line) and a Parasound driving them. They sang on both. I found the sound of the Parasound a better match, solely for the sweetness it adds to the sound; because of their neutrality, NHTs can reveal what your amps do to the sound, and pairing them with a bright amp really adds to the fatigue factor. That being said, I spent literally hours listening to the 3.3s paired with the Aragon. I still wish I had had the money - and the room - to purchase them; they are SO entrancing... Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users