What's new

Roger Rabbit: VISTA review up! (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
They mention the edits off hand- but think they're confused about which edits are which:

I think this seems to refer to the "jessica's undwear" frames (which were edited before video release), rather than the changes to the Baby Herman scene (which appeared on the LD and VHS releases in tact).

I'm wondering if this scene is once again altered on the DVD release. I don't know if I care about the jessica thing (always thought it was a color mistake anyway)-- but the baby herman thing always irked me.

-V

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The disc sounds great and the changes made to the film really don't change how much I enjoy it. So it's a must-buy for me.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Vince, IIRC a friend of mine got a look at this disc during its production process and said the baby pointing was in, but I would still call that tenative since it's my memory of his word about a partially unfinished product.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad the shorts are anamorphic and in 5.1 to boot! This can't arrive fast enough... Zemeckis rules! :D

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,

here's a little warning for all you Canadian customers. Roger Rabbit Vista will apparently be the first Vista Series DVD release that has a bilingual packaging in Canada. :frowning:
Here's a picture I received on a flyer with my latest order from DVD Soon:

The picture was pretty small, so the quality isn't that great but it's clearly bilingual.

Cheers,
Chris

WillG

Senior HTF Member
dvdmg.com's review is claiming that the Baby Herman edit has been restored for the new DVD.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If the Baby Herman gag is restored then I'm in! Ah hell, I'm probably in even if it isn't, but definitely in if it is!

I hope that Ron is animated in giving us his review of this edition.... as Martin Ramanzini ... I need to know if the subtitles in Spanish will come...

Greetings,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks