What's new

Is Six Feet Under in HD? (Starts 3/2/03!) (1 Viewer)

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
I just got my comcast box a few months ago and with the new season starting soon i was wondering if six feet under is broadcast in HD. They don't have a listing on their schedule page yet for it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It hasn't been in the past, but I believe this season may bring a change. I've seen preview clips in widescreen.

M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Whew, good thing I came across this thread, while I don't get HBO in HD, just glad to see Season 3 of 6FU will be starting up this Sunday!

Dan B

Screenwriter
Yep Patrick, I almost forgot about it starting this weekend, too. I don't get it in HD either, but I do get it in 5.1.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Here in Canada The Movie Network isn't showing the first episode of Season 3 until Tuesday. It looks like it's the same for next week as well. (It repeats on Sundays but the new episodes aren't on until the following Tuesday)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Yes, it is high definition.

Talk about a mind f*ck....this show made me very uneasy.

- Steve

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
What happenned to the universe? I enjoyed Queer as Folk's season premeire more than Six Feet Under's. I'm going to give them their due though. Two seasons were absolutely wonderful, so I'll stick through this season to see where it's going.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Very strange episode. Morose is the word I'd use to describe much of it.

The episode sort of plays with the audience as Nate supposedly gets flashbacks and flashforwards of possible life experiences (parallel/alternate versions) of his life). Nate Sr. made that abundantly clear.

I'm still not convinced he's really married with a child (as the remainder of the episode played out). I get the feeling that nothing we saw is quite "real" yet.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Well, the child part is at least well-established. He's got a kid no matter what happened in the operating room.

It's interesting that in a lot of the online discussion I've seen of this so far, it's pretty evenly split as to whether the "married to Lisa"
situation is "real" or not.

My take is that since we're seeing scenes Nate has nothing to do with (David and Keith, Claire and cremation-tattoo-boy), what we're seeing now is real. Otherwise, they'd have to undo all of these other plots when they hit the reset button, and that's not playing fair. (Not to say they couldn't do it -- I just wouldn't like it very much. :))

I did enjoy the alternate realities, though:

1 - Dead Nate
2 - Vegetable Nate
3 - Married to Lisa w/ kid
4 - Married to Brenda w/ kid (hah!)
5 - Christmas 2000 with Nate Sr. alive
6 - Christmas where Nate hadn't been "accidentally" conceived (different Mrs. Fisher, different Nate Jr, different sister)
7 - Trailer trash Nate

I think the last one was there primarily for the fake TV show. Any one else notice the reference in the fake show to Dr. Schroedinger? Makes the scene with Nate opening the coffin make perfect sense -- do a Google search on "Schroedinger's Cat" if you aren't familiar with it.

Ryan

DeeF

Screenwriter
I liked it, partly because the acting is so good, partly because, it's all so very strange.

Biggest surprise last night: Claire didn't fall into bed with the guy in the art class (Ben Foster?) but instead did it with the crematorium guy (J.P. Pitoc?) who, admittedly, has a very hot body.

What is the setup here? I'm intrigued, and I guess that's a good beginning for the 3rd season.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Patrick,

If your guess is true, what about the other story lines, like Claire's new life, and David/Keith's gay couple counseling?

Must admit, I was surprised to see him, no Brenda in sight.

I miss Brenda already.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Nate's still under the knife. That wouldn't make any sense. I kept thinking that there might be a "twist" ending like that to this episode, but when that didn't happen, I just assumed that it was just a way of touching upon what fate is and how the choices we make (or accidents that happen) completely change our future every day. The "flashbacks" were more for us than for Nate, he didn't seem to remember them except for those few flashes every once in a while, and haven't we all had those deja-vu moments?

One thing I wondered about was the use of the phrase "a perfect circle". Did they feature music by the band with the same name? :)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I think he's very much alive, and this storyline is very much real.

Looks like the theme of the season will be choices we make in life and what path that leads down...and whether or not anyone makes pro-active choices or passive choices that result in wasting our time on earth. The lyrics to David's audition song were very much along those lines (and played over a summary of what each character is doing right now).

Of course, Nate's big choice is going to be what he does when Brenda shows up. And, I have a sneaking suspicion that Claire is going to get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks