Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Frelling hell, they screwed up Farscape 2.5!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 25 2003 - 10:13 PM

Argh!!! It's not bad enough that Sci-Fi cancelled this, one of my favorite shows, but now ADV Films screws up the final Season 2 release!!

The episodes, which HAVE to be watched in order to make any sense of the plotline, are put on the discs out of order!!!!

Disc 1 has:
"A Clockwork Nebari"
"Liars, Guns, and Money" part 2: "With Friends like these"

Disc 2 has:
"Die Me, Dichotomy"
"Liars, Guns, and Money" part 1 "A Not So Simple Plan"
"Liars, Guns, and Money" part 3 "Plan B"

AAAAAAAARGH!!!!

The fact that you see D'Argo's son before you see how he recovered him, and the fact that they're searching for a cure for Moya from the "ingots" is completely ruined if you haven't seen the episodes in order... not to mention the Scorpius Chip!!!!

I never saw these on the Sci-Fi network, as I fell in love with the series on DVD.... but this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!

Shit. There will never be a correction either with the show cancelled....

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PROVE ME WRONG ADV!!! I BOUGHT ALL OF BUBBLEGUM 2040 AT RETAIL PRICES INDIVIDUALLY AND HAVE ANDROMEDA 1.1 THRU 1.4.... please prove me wrong and fix it....

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted February 25 2003 - 11:23 PM

I had this for a year and a half from UK, they're in correct order there Posted Image
Already have full season 3 and season 4th first volume was released 2 days ago. R2 rules Posted Image
Well, just saying this 'cause I like feeling better about my other region purchases, and this is another reason. :b

But what's the problem? Just watch them in order, no one makes you watch them as they're placed on disc, and it's not VHS.
Top: 1-10 | 11-20 | Complete Archives | Discs: 1397
New R1: Cube SE | Cube² | Noir Vol.1 | .hack//Sign Vol.1 | RahXephon Vol.1 | Assassins | Judge Dredd | One Hour Photo | Unfaithful

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Thomas Hart

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted February 25 2003 - 11:27 PM

Okay, I do have to agree with you on this subject. Unless you are a major fan and know the correct order of each episode, you are instinctly going to watch disc 1 then disc 2 (but they are out of order). If ADV would have simply NUMBERED the episodes somewhere on the DVD case this would not have been a problem.

Sigh, episodes out of order (for better grouping it looks like) and no "Farscape Undressed" for R1 buyers.

Of course the picture, sound, and the show itself still kicks ass!Posted Image

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 12:08 AM

I think it's good to have whole LGM trilogy on one disc but ADV should have put something on the case to indicate the correct order for people who are unfamiliar with it, especially considering how crucial it is to see these episodes in order.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

• 1,348 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 01:29 AM

Quote:
Unless you are a major fan and know the correct order of each episode, you are instinctly going to watch disc 1 then disc 2 (but they are out of order). If ADV would have simply NUMBERED the episodes somewhere on the DVD case this would not have been a problem.

The back of the keepcase shows the proper order, doesn't it?

Back Cover of Farscape 2.5
Randy A. Salas
DVD Columnist & Feature Writer
Minneapolis Star Tribune daily newspaper

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 01:33 AM

This was intentional

From what I hear they wanted to keep the 3 parter on 1 disc so they didn't have to re-author for the eventual best-of set

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 05:19 AM

The cover shows the correct order, but the episodes on the disc are in the wrong order.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 06:05 AM

Rob, it's sounds like you got a bad set. Mine had the LGM trilogy on disc 2 and the ACN and DMD (the season finale) on disc 1.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Richard RogersBerry

Richard RogersBerry

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 08:57 AM

OK let me add a bit of confusion here...
I have 2.5 but am having to wait till the weekend to watch it.
As I look at the disks they are printed correctly. Are you saying that what is ON the disks is wrong?
----------------------
Ric
My Collection
And the Book says, "We may be through with the past; but the past isn't through with us."-J.G.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 09:32 AM

No, it's just out of order

You should watch Episode 1 on disc 1, then watch disc 2, then watch episode 2 on disc 1

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Jacob Perry

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 12:02 PM

Being a long time fan of Farscape this doesnt bother me as I know the order of episodes, but I can see how someone would be pissed if they watched it out of order.

Then again I like having the complete Liars, Guns Trilogy on one disc.

JP

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 26 2003 - 03:54 PM

Hm, I may need to write ADV if everyone else has Liars, Guns Trilogy on one disc...

My set doesn't Posted Image

To watch it in order, I'd have to watch Disc 1, ep1 --> Disc 2, Ep 1 and 2--> Disc 1, ep2 --> Disc 2, ep3

the box is printed correctly, but its quite obvious they're out of order
when D'Argo's son appears on the first disc before he's rescued on the second one

Ah well, damn fine season ending anyway! Bring on 3.1! Posted Image

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted February 27 2003 - 12:14 AM

Rob, Corey from ADV sometimes posts at the Fasrcape World Forums. You may want to check out this thread and let him know, maybe you can arrange an exchange.