What's new

Receiver for Paradigm Setup... (1 Viewer)

ArthurJ

Second Unit
Setup will be the following...

Paradigm Studio 60's Front L/R
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio 20's Rear L/R

I want a receiver (preferebly 7.1 for future upgrades) loaded with features, I also need an outboard amp for the Front L/R to drive the 60's any ideas? thanks!

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Arthur,how are you?
I have to admit that you will have a sweet setup.
Then for the receiver you have to choose,you should give us at least your price range.
Anyway,i would suggest you to get a Sony STR-DA4ES;you can find it over the internet for 620$ from an authorized dealer.
Later dude and keep us informed!

Antonio

C

Chris*Liberti

What is your price range? I have the Sony STR-DA4ES which to me sounds awesome but is a bit on the bright side so make sure you listen to it with the Paradigms before you purchase since they tend to be a bright speaker. Other good receivers to listen to would be Denon, Harman Kardon, Onkyo, or Yamaha. Just make sure you listen to them with these speakers since different receivers react differently to different speakers

ArthurJ

Second Unit
Thanks guys, sorry I forgot to include price range...around $700 will be fine. I REALLY like the H/K's but I have been hearing allot of issues with them lately. But it's weird because these have never come up before. The 525 was what I was looking at, then again maybe the guy who got 2 faulty ones in a row just got the same ones from the bad batch, he even said they had the same marketing date on them or something. Anyways, what I might do is get the speakers first. Buy a H/K and Denon (make sure of the return policy) and try them out for a couple weeks and take back the one I dislike more. how does that sound?

Modena

Stunt Coordinator
Buy and return. Repeat until satisfied. You win. Why everyone doesn't do this I have no idea. How will you ever know what sounds best to you?

Babek

Stunt Coordinator
Look no further than the Integra
they are somewhat expensive, but awsome for the future!
Don't get sony, it's a long story why for they don't give true specs about their systems.

Try to get a good companys receiver, like denon, marantz, onkyo/integra, and maybe HK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks