What's new

Mits WT-42311 and viewing distance (1 Viewer)

Raymond Hubbard

Auditioning
:D I'm considering the Mits WT-42311 because of the size and weight. The problem is that I'll sit about 6 feet from the screen. I will watch mostly cable with some progresive scan DVD's (75%/25%) ratio. A 36" tube is too heavy for my Sanus stand and I would like something larger than 32" but 34" wide screen tubes are just too expensive.

Jim Williams

Second Unit
The rule of thumb that I have seen is 1.5 - 2 times the diagonal size of the screen. In your case that would be 5.25' - 7' away from the screen. With that in mind, 6' is not too close.

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
For 75% regular 4:3 standard cable TV content I suspect that 6' from eyeball to screen may be a little too close but you would "adapt". If you're 6' from the edge of the sofa/chair to the screen, then your eyes are probably 8' from the screen and that would be just fine.

For DVD viewing, 6' from eyeball to screen on a 42" 16:9 is not too close at all. To achieve a 30 degree viewing angle (i.e., the backseat of a movie theater) the recommended distance is around 5.7 feet.

Sean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks