What's new

Beatles Anthology Review??? (1 Viewer)

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
This post is basically addressed to Ronald Epstein but anyone who may have any info please reply:
I am looking forward to the Beatles Anthology release on dvd more than any title ever. Is there any chance you will have access to this release before its actual release date to the public. If so, I assume we can look forward to one of your in depth reviews on these pages? I certainly hope so.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering the same thing... This has been a "I'll believe it when I see it" title for quite some time, mainly due to the whole "Hard Day's Night" cancellation/delay business a while back. I want to sell my VHS Anthology tapes in anticiaption of this, but I'm a bit paranoid that the minute I sell them, this DVD release will be cancelled or something, and then I'll have no Beatles Anthology.

Guess that's a long way of saying a review would bring a bit more peace of mind, and make the upcoming release seem more "real".

JiM T

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
At this point, reviewers are not being provided
with advance screeners.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the actual classic Beatles tracks used in the ANTHOLOGY series proper have been remixed to 5.1 ala the mixes on YELLOW SUBMARINE and, if so, will we be seeing more cd's like the SONGTRACK? I know that there are purists out there who cringe at the thought, but I really like the new mixes for the most part. ELEANOR RIGBY's vocal track seems a little behind the beat, but that's the only really noticible flub. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Matt Hetzler

Stunt Coordinator
I am pretty sure that all the music has been remixed into 5.1 for the Anthology release. In fact, I remember hearing that the last business thing that George Harrison did before he died was to listen to the remixes and approve them.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Last week's Billboard magazine had an interview and semi-review with Ringo. Ringo was very impressed with the DVD edition, particuarly the 8th disc with lots of additional stuff. Audio and picture was enhanced for the DVD edition. There is no review on Billboard's site.

Page

Stunt Coordinator
Jack, you could always watch the rest of "The Long And Winding Road" while you're waiting. Then, you could fall asleep from boredom and in no time flat the Anthology will have been released. :D

Hope you're one of the first on your block to get this release. :)

KrisM

Second Unit
I had this set in my hands on tuesday and all I could think of was running out the front door of the store with it.
I gave up on the shoplifting thing when I was 13 though. I'll have to thank my parents for the values they taught me.:)

Regards
KrisM

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
At this point, reviewers are not being provided
with advance screeners.
Well, that's not entirely true. I've had screeners for a week now, but am still waiting for the bonus disc. The production run on this appears to have been really close to street date, though.

[Editing to add:]
Looking over my notes, I see that the fifth disc was intentionally held by Capitol until closer to the release date. Final copies were sent out Monday with arrival dates planned for the end of the week.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I received an "order shipped" notice from Deep Discount DVD on this title yesterday.

Also, there are some reviews for this on Amazon. Sounds like a quality package, and yes it is 5.1.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Randy,

As always, print press gets more consideration
than internet press when it comes to screener
product.

Let me rephrase.....

At this point, internet reviewers are not
being provided with advance screeners.

BTW, Lasers Edge just shipped my set out today.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I purposely order this from Amazon a long time ago thinking they'd get it to me the fastest. They haven't issued any ship notice as of yet. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks