Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Turbo Tax Online question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   John_Bonner

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 08:39 AM

For those of you who use or have used Turbo Tax Online, can you access your return from different computers? Or is your information kept in a file locally? I would like to use this version of Turbo Tax but may be using more than one pc.
JB

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 08:50 AM

Your tax return information is kept on Turbo Tax's server. I was able to view and edit my return from both my work computer and my home computer.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   John_Bonner

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 08:57 AM

Thanks for the reply Dave! Can you also do your state return online?
JB

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Stacie

Stacie

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 11:42 AM

I completed both federal and state returns via Turbo Tax Online. After completing the federal return, the state return was a piece of cake since TT already knew all of my numbers. It worked great, and I really appreciated not having to install anything on my computer in order to do it. The only thing I'm not sure of is whether all states are available. Good luck.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   John_Bonner

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 01:13 PM

Thanks much Stacie. My company has a partnership with Intuit so I can purchase Turbo Tax at a discount but only the online version. I've used the retail version before and have been very happy with it. Glad to see others have had good experiences with the online version.
JB

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Lee

Mark Lee

Second Unit

• 337 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 06:25 PM

Count me as another satisfied TurboTax Online user! Besides the benefits already mentioned, if you've filed a previous year's return online, you can simply have their site import relevant data from last year's return to the current one.
Mark K. Lee

"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Travis Olson

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor

• 939 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 10:16 PM

I just finished doing my return with the online version a few minutes ago, couldn't be happier. I did it online with HR Block last year and it cost me $100, but I did with Turbo Tax this year and it only ran me $40 and there was 5x more to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users