Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Loewe Aconda 38 inch DirectView concerns

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Guy Usher

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor

• 780 posts

Posted February 23 2003 - 09:26 PM

My freind at work just bought a new Loewe 38 16/9 TV. He got the one with the BMW paint job, real nice, 5400 retail got it shipped to his house in Columbus, OH from Chicago for 4040.00 good deal. . . . I have some concerns about this TVs jack pack, only 1 Componet input that can be 480I, 480p, 1080I, RGB, or regular componet. With a progressive scan DVD player I am left with only a RGB VGA input for the STB Zenith HDV420, it outputs VGA/RGB. Anyone use RGB for HD ? I am surprised that a TV of this magnitude only has 1 componet input, not so simple to setup either Loewes efforts to make it simple actually confuse you and make it so simple that it gets complicated. . .
Even Monkeys fall from trees.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   James Stierman

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 02:43 AM

I believe that you can onle use the component input or the RGB input but not both. I would use the component or RGB for teh HD in out and use an S-video for the DVD player and let the TV handle the progressive scan.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jerry Dreiss

Jerry Dreiss

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted February 24 2003 - 04:53 AM

No, you can have both component and RGB at the same time. You can't have component and the S-Video input on Video 1 at the same time. And as for the Aconda having only one set of component inputs, yes, that is a bummer. Their jack pack is a bit dated. Must stem from Germany not having HD broadcasting. He could also get a component switch box. Do a search of this forum for threads about them. I noticed a pre-cut rectangle just to the left of the jack pack that looks like, if it was removed, would be a space for adding more inputs. Does anyone know if this set (9383G) has the ability to be upgraded to DVI? (I know, I'm grasping at straws!)
A page for Zoids, the Coolest Toys Ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users