What's new

Underworld (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I hope it's good. It's hard to be a Kate Beckinsdale fan when she's been in such crap movies for the past couple of years. Hopefully this will break that trend instead of continuing it, although I am skeptical.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I have been following this film since its development stages, and it is my second most anticipated film of 2003! It has been a looong wait for me, but I'm sure its going to be worth it! A werewolf and vampire take on Romeo and Juliet is one of the coolest ideas I've heard in years, and as most people in the polls section know, I am one of, if not the biggest Kate Beckinsale fan alive today. I frickin' love her! Anyhow, this film is one I've been waiting for, and I'll be all over it!

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
A couple of articles on this movie were just posted on Ain't It Cool News. One is mostly full of pictures of Kate Beckinsdale poured into tight leather, which I have absolutely no problem with. The other is full of spoilers regarding the characters and storyline.

I like this bit: "Underworld reimagines Vampires as a secretive clan of modern, aristocratic sophisticates". As if it's a concept that hasn't been commonly tossed around various forms of media for the past couple of decades ;) Still, I'm willing to forgive a lack of originality if a movie can compensate for it in other areas, and monsters fighting each other is always at least worth a look (if it was just vampires, it would be boring. But since they also have werewolves, it's intriguing :)).

LennyP

Supporting Actor
This is one of the most anticipated movies of the year for me and that poster is SO MINE!

Check out these photos, nothing finer than a beautiful brunette dressed in black holding a gun. :D Or two.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

LennyP

Supporting Actor
What an extremely awesome trailer, Blade what? This is gona be way better, beautiful shots in that trailer, if the whole movie is like that, I'll be in heaven!

Now that I got my hands on a better quality trailer file, here are my 10 favorite screenshots!

They speak for themselves, but I especialy like that sensual shot of her hand, and water dripping off of it... I'm all melting here. *sigh*

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it was "released" yesterday online, so I've gotten my screenshots from it now. :D

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Just saw this trailer and it looks frickin awesome. Up until now I have not heard a thing about this movie but I am sooooooo there on opening day.

Edit Made this sig today in anticipation of the release. :D

William-R

Agent
anyone else looking forward to this i just saw the trailer and tkought it would kick ass

a cross between buffy-blade-matrix whats not to like

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Yeah, I'll pay for this one. Yeah, it's a rehash of other films. Yeah, the director of EQ is making a very similar film called Ultraviolet (minus the werewolves) with better action scenes (I assume that, but it seems a safe bet).

But it's a fun idea, Kate looks incredible (and will sound incredible), werewolves make MOST movies better (think what they would have done for The English Patient), and 7 bucks is a small price to pay to see if it works.

I haven't said it before, but I really like the poster. A lot.

Take care,
Chuck

StephenA

Screenwriter
I just saw a TV spot of this movie last night while watching Fox, and it reminded me of a mix between The Crow, Blade, and The Matrix. I'll still probably go see it, because it looks good.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
it reminded me of a mix between The Crow, Blade, and The Matrix
Saw the same preview. It looks like fun, although I can't help but wonder how dated this "slick black outfits"/techno-noir look is going to seem in a few years. It seems like every other movie since The Crow has been using this style, sometimes.

I mean, twenty-five years from now, this is what our kids will be laughing at in whatever their equivelent of Austin Powers is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks