What's new

Transparent Cable (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Anyone use these cables? How are they? How do they compare to BetterCables and Monster Cable?

Herman S

Agent
I have mostly Transparent Cables in my system and I believe that they are one of the best cables money can buy. Despite the big price tag, they are worth every penny, unlike Monster. The Transparent PDL cable makes the single biggest difference in my system. I have not tried Better Cables so I can't give you an opinion on them.

Lynn Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Herman, if I might ask...WHY does this particular speaker cable makes SUCH a difference? Not that I don't believe you, but I'm more of a science kind of guy and was wondering if there is something regarding the build of this particular cable that makes it better than some other cables?

TimForman

Supporting Actor
I found this little tidbit from Transparent's website to be interesting.

Strand and Conductor Technology

Conductor material should be pure and consistent, and the conductor surface should be smooth and uniform for best signal transfer. In our opinion, pure silver conductors do not possess inherent qualities that make them a better conductor of music range signals than copper conductors. For audio applications, pure silver will usually require more compensation than many copper conductor configurations, and the cost of pure silver is exorbitant.

Also, from reading other parts from their website they indicate that they attempt to "balance" every cable. I can somewhat agree in that the electrical resistance introduced by speaker cables should be as close as possible to the expected load of the amplifier and the nominal load of the speaker drivers, if this is what they mean. Their technology seems to lean towards long lengths of cable rejecting EMF and radio waves since >25ft cables can act like antennas. The questions is, is it worth the price? There may be less expensive alternatives if you like building your own cables.

Herman S

Agent
Lynn,

The cable I was talking about was the Transparent Premium Digital Link. This is their coaxal digital audio cable, although I do have a variety of their other cables.

Since I do not have the appropriate knowledge of physics to explain why it sounds better, I can only count on my ears. I asked the salesperson and he offered to have me audition a variety of Transparent products in my home with my own system. All I know is that their cables make a huge improvement over other brands which I have tried like Monster, Ultralink and MIT.

Since Transparent makes it their policy to have their dealers loan out their products, I would strongly recommend you hear for yourself with your own equipment.

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
All my interconnects are Transparent Super. I auditioned various Straightwire and Monster products and kept the Transparent. I have had them in my system for about 3 years.
I also have a pair of Bybee balanced interconnects in my 2 channel system. Audition as many as your dealer will allow, and ask if you can trade in at a later date. I believe Transparent has an upgrade policy, at least they used to although it may only apply to certain areas in their product line.
Harmonic Tech is another good line to consider. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks