Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

New RPTV FINALLY HERE!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Roy Wallace

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted February 20 2003 - 12:31 PM

Hello forum faithful: I just wanted to provide a quick post to let you all know that we finally received our new Toshiba 57HDX82 this past week, and the opinions gathered here played a large role in our final decision. My wife and I just love this TV. Going from a 29 inch Panasonic to this monster is unbelievable. Even with my modest Sony DVD player(DVP-S360)connected through a Radio Shack component cable, the picture is better than I could have imagined. It got better when I tuned it up with the S&V tuneup DVD too! Thank you for everyone who provided their input over the past six months while I shopped around, I really appreciate it. Regards Roy
I have a subwoofer! I have to watch EVERY movie I own AGAIN!!

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Gilbert ^P

Gilbert ^P

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted February 20 2003 - 01:07 PM

congrads, did you get a good deal on it?

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Roy Wallace

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted February 20 2003 - 02:38 PM

I think we did. The sales dude owed us a favor for having a problem with our range/fridge/DW purchase a year ago, so we hit him up for a deal on a TV. We got it delivered for $3999CAN GST incl. from The Bay, which was $400 less than A&B, and $1000(!) below MSRP according to Toshibas website. I may have been able to deal more at A&B, but we got a ton of HBC rewards points this way, and I feel comfortable that The Bay would take care of us, should we have a problem with the unit. All in all, I am very satisfied with the whole deal. Roy

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   MikeRP

MikeRP

Supporting Actor

• 514 posts

Posted February 20 2003 - 10:57 PM

What's that translate to US dollars for us dumb guys south of the border?

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted February 21 2003 - 12:17 AM

[quote] What's that translate to US dollars for us dumb guys south of the border? [quote] As of this minute, $3,999 CAD = $2,658.07 USD.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Paul Clancy

Paul Clancy

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 21 2003 - 02:13 AM

Just to let you know what a small world it is I paid the same for the same TV (future shop), use the same dvd player AND component cables from RS. I also feel no need to upgrade my dvd player to progressive (untill hd dvd)since the tosh upscaler does such a great job. Enjoy your set! Cheers, Paul

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Modena

Modena

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted February 21 2003 - 03:39 AM

Roy, Do me a favor. Go buy a progressive scan DVD player and watch the Fifth Element in progressive scan. If it doesn't blow you away, take it back for a full refund. If you bought a real nice TV, (you did) you calibrated it for the best picture, take a look at what it would look like running at it's peak potential. To me, there is a huge difference.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Roy Wallace

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted February 21 2003 - 01:05 PM

Modena:
I am actually going to have a friend bring his progressive player over to see what it will perform like because he wants to upgrade his TV.
Even if it is a vast improvement, I have more pressing upgrades to dive into before that. My ten year old prologic receiver (and speakers) must be replaced firstPosted Image

Roy

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Roy Wallace

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted February 21 2003 - 01:08 PM

Paul:
I have noticed several members here that are from western Canada, some from Edmonton too.
It is indeed a small worldPosted Image

Roy

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,887 posts

Posted February 21 2003 - 01:10 PM

Yes, definitely replace the sound system first! Posted Image

And congrats! Posted Image

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users