Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Audio connections, SPDIF and coax

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Josh_Slade

Josh_Slade

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 19 2003 - 03:08 AM

My cable box was recently upgraded to now support digital audio through an "SPDIF" connection. I looked on back of the box and it seems to be similar to the coaxial connection on my DVD player. I tried searching around but it seems most speak of SPDIF and coax separately so I'm wondering are these two the same thing or are they different in some way?

Second question, if they are in fact the same thing, is there any way to connect these two devices into the single coaxial input on my receiver? My optical input is already being used by a Playstation2.

If SPDIF and coaxial are different though, well I guess my receiver just doesn't have an SPDIF input then so no TV show surround for me Posted Image

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   JeremyFr

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts

Posted February 19 2003 - 03:46 AM

SPDIF and Coax are the same thing, actually toslink is an SPDIF interface as well all SPDIF means is Sony Phillips Digital InterFace. So you're fine.
For those of you who know your job is to teach.
For those of you who dont know your job is to learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users