-

Photo
- - - - -

Is the Panasonic RP91 the replacement for the RP 82?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter

• 1,551 posts

Posted February 17 2003 - 11:13 AM

I am looking for a very high quality dvd player. I was interested in a sacd/dvd-audio combo player but my main use will be for movie watching. So I figured to look into something that has very strong performance on teh video side of things. I know the 82 is supposed to be one of the best out there but is not available anymore, it looks like the RP 91 is the replacement. Is this true?
"I'm your Huckleberry"

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Kevin. W

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

• 1,546 posts

Posted February 17 2003 - 11:17 AM

Nope. I don't think there is a replacement yet.

Kevin

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Laurence_C

Laurence_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted February 17 2003 - 11:19 AM

No, the RP-91 is not the replacement. The RP-91 has been out much longer and is on its way out as well, and I might add, IMO a better all around player than the RP-82, which in itself is an outstanding player as well. If you can get your hands on either one, do so, especially for progressive scan purposes.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted April 12 2003 - 06:07 AM

Laurence_C,

Perhaps my TV just need to be professionally calibrated, but I feel that my RP-91's output looks a bit grainy. Is this due to the deinterlacing?
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz