What's new

SVS PB1-ISD will be home soon! (1 Viewer)

JimW

Auditioning
Preordered it the 3rd of Feb (I think that was the first day the preorder was available), then got the shipping notification on the 14th (what a great Valentine's day present from S&V!) which says it'll be delivered the 18th (which, unfortunately, I doubt since my street is still buried under over 2 ft. of snow). So hopefully it'll be here on the 19th!

I can't wait to hear it. I have the 20-39 PCi now, but the way my room is situated it is too big to fit in any of my corners. The PB1-ISD is small enough to squeeze in there though and I can't wait to hear/feel what everyone keeps talking about! I'm sure the 20-39 is also great, but since I can't put it in any corner it sounds 'boomy'. Not SVS's fault, just the room...

Anyone else order one? :cool:

Rob*Gallo

Agent
Ordered one on the 3rd also, but haven't received a shipping notification yet. Bummer. It's the last piece of the puzzle, so I am getting a bit impatient. Hope it gets here by Friday.

erikk

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Rob;

I'm not sure why you didn't get the email from UPS, but your sub shipped out on 2/14/03 and should be delivered tomorrow. (it could not be delivered today because of "EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL" I'm guessing snow, because that's why UPS was closed around here)

I also bounced you an email with the tracking number in case you don't check this thread.

Jeff Kiel

Grip
Mine just arrived at my office. UPS said it was out yesterday, don't know what happened. Hmmm, I feel a cold coming on :)

Rob*Gallo

Agent
Picked mine up at UPS last night. Looks great and I know it will sound even better. To make me even happier, the wife already started complaining about how big it is! :)

A little tension is a good thing, IMO.

JimW

Auditioning
Ugh!

UPS tracking has said "Adverse weather conditions" since Monday! I guess I'll be lucky to get it by Friday, if not Monday...

Let me/us know how it sounds!

Rob*Gallo

Agent
Set mine up last night and it sounds great. Very impressive. Still experimenting with room placement and calibration, so I'll save the review for later...

Rob*Gallo

Agent
FYI, I picked mine up to avoid the wait. Much easier, depending on where the UPS center is in your area. Pretty funny too. Everyone at UPS was shocked, amazed (and a little upset) at how heavy it was. :D

JimW

Auditioning
So how do you find out where it is without the "yellow sticker"? I can't find any contact info on the tracking page. I'd love to pick it up!

Thanks!

Jeff Kiel

Grip
JimW: Call the 800 number for UPS, they can tell you more info than the web site.

Got mine in last night, boy is it HEAVY! Of course, UPS had a field day with the box, but the packing was good enough to prevent any damage. This thing looks wonderful! I haven't had much time to calibrate/listen, but so far so GREAT! Full review coming...

JimW

Auditioning
Thanks for the tip. I just called and they said that it won't even be in their center till Friday or Monday so I guess I'm just out of luck! What timing...

Kind of the same thing happened when I ordered my 20-38 PCi, I ordered it right around Christmas and it took (what seemed like) forever to get to me!

I'll just have to appreciate it through you guys till then!

Rob*Gallo

Agent
JimW,

When was it shipped? I had similar weather delays. Although I'm in Ohio, which is where the subs are shipped, it seems (IMO) that your sub should be at the center by tomorrow and you could pick it up Friday night.

FYI (if end of day timing is an issue), don't let them tell you the center closes at 6pm (may vary by location), which is what the automated response will say on the 800 number. Talk to a person and then can schedule the center to call you when the local delivery truck arrives at the center and you can pick up the sub at the guard station. I had a window from 7-9pm.

Hope this helps...

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
You know it is possible to have UPS center get in contact with the driver, and you can make arrangements to meet him or her if the truck is still in your area. If I missed the delivery, I would call the center (via the 1-800#) and make up some story about how I would be leaving on vacation and it was vital that I get this package.

9 out 10 times I was able to meet the driver, and it was no problem at all. Although I avoid doing this a Christmas time, it is stressful enough for those folks and I am more willing to be patient.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jeff,

How has the PB-1 been performing? Sending out the first batch of anything always leaves me very curious as to what the initial feedback will be :)

Tom V.
SVS

Jeff Kiel

Grip
OK, well, I am not an experienced reviewer, and am very intimidated by the expertise I have seen here, but the #1 word that comes to mind is...WOW! This was a busy weekend so I haven't had much time to listen (traveled to Charlotte, NC for a wedding), but I have listened to some music and watched most of Monster's Inc. with my 16mo old, and we are both amazed! I had an Energy 8" "Bass Module" (don't glorify it by calling it a sub) that was very undefined and mostly just low pitched rumbles. The PB1 is delievering TONS of clear, clean notes/sound fx that make my spine tingle! I hope to have some time to really give a "critical" listen and lots of more specifics in the next week or so.

SVS, The Sub Authority!

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Jeff,
Alot of us want feedback on the new box style sub. Let us know when you have more time. If interested I did feedback on my 25-31pci. Check it out. FYI I hid around 106-108 dB at (-25) on my receiver in DTS with the BlueMan Group cd.:b
And well as for the POD RACE scene I never heard all those rumbling sound with my old sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks