What's new

I bought an HK-520. (1 Viewer)

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I needed a 5.1 system with some power and functionality. Upon several recommendations I just purchased the HK-520 for $491 frome one call. Did I do OK? I love how smooth the HK is. Now I just need to figure out what speakers to get for my 5.1 system

Greg ;)

Raphael O

Stunt Coordinator
if the 520 you bought have no problems - i think youll like it.
it is a good deal considering how much the msrp is when it came out.and 1call is authorized.
im feeling they are going to have another price slash though to get rid of these units .

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Damn goodm achine at a great price. Its getting close to purchasing just for the extra amp capacity with those main ins.

The only thing I didn't like was the remote.

Mike

GaryMil

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased a 520 from Circuit city last week. Ended up paying $399 for an open box. I've used it the past week and so far everything works fine. I re-assigned the front amps to run Rockustics that I have in the backyard via the multisource. I have an external amp driving everything else. So I have 3 amps left to use if I decide to go to 7.1. So far this receiver sounds amazing. It is a step up from the Denon 2801. I really am enjoying Dolby Pro Logic II and Logic 7.

One question though, is there any way to control the multisource volume using the remote without affecting the primary system? So far, only the OSD settings seem to accomplish this.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I have a 520 and love it. It replaced a Denon 1802 which I did not love. My roommate liked the sound of my 520+SVS sub so much that he went and bought them, too. Very high bang for buck ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks